Using Aspose.Words to convert ODT file to DOCX file with hebrew paragraphs results in messy LTR document

Hello, I’m using the wonderful Aspose.Words library to simply convert documents between different file formats. The conversion from DOCX to ODT works great with no problems, but when I try to convert an ODT document which contains hebrew paragraphs to DOCX, the result is a DOCX document with many Hebrew paragraphs aligned as LTR rather than RTL. How can I resolve this?

@TomTsabar Could you please attach your input and output document here for our reference? We will check the issue and provide you more information.

Yes, of course. In the attached ZIP file, the ODT file is the input file and the DOCX file is the output file produced by Aspose.Words.
25_ptv_2076028.zip (200.0 KB)

@TomTsabar Thank you for additional information. We have opened the following new ticket in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSNET-25238

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hey, we did some investigating on our own.
We used 2 Hebrew DOCX documents, converted them both to ODT then back to DOCX.
One of them results in a good looking DOCX document (with proper RTL), the other looks bad as it has LTR paragraphs instead of RTL.
I looked at the internal XML of both the resulting DOCX document and the ODT document “in the middle”, I have some conclusions:

• Aspose is replacing the <w:rtl /> run property with the <w:cs /> run property and removes the <w:rFonts w:hint="cs"/> run property (this is the overall result after the docx->odt->docx conversion).
  • The ODT document of the problematic document is missing the <style:paragraph-properties style:writing-mode="rl-tb" /> style which seems to cause the problem (it does appear in the “good” document).

Can you please help us? We purchased an Aspose license and this is very problematic for us as we are dealing with lots of Hebrew documents.

I’m attaching the 2 documents (along with their Aspose-Converted documents).
simple.docx is the document which looks good after conversions.
test0.docx is the document which looks bad after conversions.
docs.zip (42.0 KB)

@TomTsabar Thank you for additional information.
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSNET-25344

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hey, we now have paid support, can you please help us with this issue?

@TomTsabar You should escalate the issues in the paid support helpdesk. Then my colleagues from paid support will rise priority of the defects in our defect tracking system.