Using COM interop. Excel SUMIFS Function Issue

Hi Aspose Team,
I'm having trouble with a spreadsheet evaluating the SUMIFS function in a workbook that I'm currently developing. The SUMIFS function shown below will calculate ok when the workbook is in standalone mode running from my PC and excel. When I invoke the spreadsheet from my application using Aspose.cells via a browser I get the #NAME? error...

SUMIFS(Costing!$I$7:$I$434,Costing!$Q$7:$Q$434,"Equipment Building",Costing!$R$7:$R$434,"X")

The application doesn't have a problem resolving the SUMIF function however...

SUMIF(Costing!$Q$7:$Q$434,"Equipment Building",Costing!$I$7:$I$434)

It's as if the SUMIFS function has trouble with text strings. I Assume that the SUMIFS function is supported in the latest Aspose.Cells.dll but have you encountered this type of issue before? Can you help?

Thanks,
Lee

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

Please download and use the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.1.2.3

it should fix your problem.

If the problem still occurs, then please provide us your sample runnable project replicating the problem.

We will look into it and help you asap.

Hello,

I've registered the latest Aspose.Cells.dll but the latest version seems to generate a new error throughout my whole application now. I was previously running Version 6.0.0.2 which seemed to handle strings correctly using the code below. The new version gives me an error that says "The parameter is incorrect..." for the line of code shown in red below

@SelectCase !BookActions.CellType[j]
@Case 'String'
@Do objCell.putValue_5(!(!BookActions.Value[j]))

Does the 'String' parameter now need to be changed/redefined when using the new version?

When I re-register version 6.0.0.2 the above error goes away

Thanks,
Lee

Hi,

It seems, you need to call the correct overload of the putvalue function. Please use the TLB library file provided with the above version.

Please see if this information is helpful for you.

Utilizing COM Interface

General Ways
to Call Overloaded Functions

Following are the two ways to call the overloaded versions of the methods in Aspose.Cells for .NET APIs.

1) Using the corresponding Suffix added to the Methods

To call the overloaded versions of the methods in Aspoes.Cells APIs, one should read the TLB library file (provided with the component) to find out what exact functions he wants to call. For example, saving a Workbook to a physical path (location) may include the following steps.

• Look up the Workbook.Save method's overloaded versions list, and you may find that the Workbook.Save(string filename) is actually the fifth one added with suffix '4' in the overload versions list of the method.
  • Call the overload function in your code, e.g.., workbook.Save_4("c:\\sample.xls");

Please check the topic labeled Using Aspose.Cells for .NET via COM Interop for your further reference.

Hi,

As Shakeel Faiz suggested you may open the Aspose.Cells.TLB file into VS.NET 2010 and check the overloaded methods types to see the exact definitions.

For your information, you should use Cell.PutValue(string) or Cell.PutValue_5(string, false/true) … here second parameter refers if you set it to true, Aspose.Cells will try to convert it to numeric value if possible, e.g if you specify “123”, it will be converted to number value. I think you may specify it as false for string values.

Thank you.