Using Eml-to-Msg-converter with sharepoint 2007

Hi,

I got a question on how to use the Eml-to-Msg-converter with sharepoint 2007.

This is the problem I need to solve: I have a sharepoint-2007 list that is email enabled. In other words: this list is receiving emails. Unfortuately sharepoint receives emails in EML format.

My question: can I use your Eml-to-Msg-converter to directly convert an eml message to an msg message in a sharepoint list? I do not have file access - I only have this sharepoint list with the eml messages and I need to convert them 'in-place' - in other words: I need to convert them directly in the sharepoint list from eml to msg.

Is that possible with your eml-to-msg converter?

Please answer to my email address!

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

To access eml files from a SharePoint library, an .NET application needs to be written using Aspose.Network library. This application will read EML files from the SharePoint library and convert into MSG format. An article is available at http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.network-for-.net/reading-email-messages-from-microsoft-sharepoint-document-library.html. The example in this article reads and loads MSG files, but you may modify it to read EML as follows:

// load EML file
MailMessage msg = MailMessage.Load(fileStream, MessageFormat.Eml);
// save as MSG format
msg.Save(“message.msg”, MailMessageSaveType.OutlookMessageFormat);

This can be done from a console, windows or any other type of C#/VB.NET application. And I am sorry, currently there is no way to directly convert EML to MSG using some menus in the SharePoint library.