Using GridWeb to Replace WOC

Aspose Team,

I am looking into using GridWeb to replace existing WOC, and i am running into few issues.

1.) I set "style.NumberType" for columns and cells, but for some reason when i place value in the cell, it is not formatting correctly. See Attached proj i creaded in VS 2010.

2.) I am planning to add a formula field to identify if row is dirty, once row has been changed on client, is there a way to run "RunAllFormulas()" from the client side? or is there a built in functionality to kno which rows are dirty?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

1 - Kindly highlight the portion of the code you are referring. It will be helpful if you provide a screenshot highlighting your issue in the GridWeb page when it is opened in a browser.

2 - I think, you can capture the Double Click Event and then on server side, you can call runallformulas() method. Please see the following documentation article for your reference.

(Working with GridWeb Client Side Script|Documentation)

You can also check the Event Demos (Events.aspx) to test these various GridWeb events. Please download the demos from this link.

Screenshot:

1.) I have attached the screenshots. As you can see i am setting style.NumberType = Date2 (d-mmm-yy) for A3:A500. Once the style is set and i add value to A3 the formatting does not work.

2.) The goal is not goto server side to figure out dirty rows. When user clicks SUBMIT, we like to call java script on client side and send diry rows to httpHandler. In order to figure out dirty rows, we are adding formula which calculates as user makes changes on the client. Is this possible on client side for GridWeb?

Hi,

Thanks for your screenshot and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

1 - We noticed this issue, formatting is not being applied to GridWeb columns. We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-42541.

2 - We think, this requirement cannot be fulfilled with GridWeb. However, for this (finding dirty rows on client side) issue, kindly create a separate thread.

Please provide helpful and precise information about your requirements with some simpler project. Screenshots will also benefit us. It will help us look into your issue more precisely and we will be able to advise you better or provide you some workaround.