Using loadExternalFonts and setFontFolder

I am using Aspose.Slides component for rendering PPTX files.
My component runs in a docker image.

I am providing the fonts needed for rendering in the resources/fonts directory, that are packaged into the JAR file.
My questions:

1. Does the FontsLoader.loadExternalFonts and FontConfigs.setFontFolder accepts the folder located in the JAR file? Or should I extract them to a local directory first? When I log the path, it looks like:
    file:/app/MyService.jar!/BOOT-INF/classes!/fonts

2. Do I need to call for FontsLoader.loadExternalFonts for Slides and FontConfigs.setFontFolder for Cells separately in the same module? (I use both, Slides and Cells).

3. Does a call for any of the APIs above set the component to ignore the fonts installed on the machine?

Thanks

@eyalmolad,
Thank you for contacting support. I will reply to you as soon as possible.

@eyalmolad,

I’ve added a ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-38829 to our issue tracking system. Our development team will look into your questions. We will answer you soon.

As for Aspose.Slides, you should use FontsLoader.loadExternalFonts for specifying additional fonts that may be used in presentations. The system fonts are not ignored.

As for Aspose.Cells, I moved this forum thread to Aspose.Total forum. My colleagues will answer you a bit later.

Ok, thanks. We are waiting for the dev team with the other answers.

@eyalmolad,

From Aspose.Cells’ prespective.

Yes, you need to call respective APIs separately for Aspose.Cells even in the same application/module.

No, the installed fonts are not ignored by default.

@eyalmolad,
Aspose.Slides developers have looked into your questions.

No, you should extract these fonts from the jar file.

Our developers also confirmed that you need to call these methods separately.