Using .NET Core assembly for Aspose.Cells

Hi,

We have been using Aspose.Cells for .Net since 5 years. Now, we are planning to use .Net Core to run .Net in Linux environment. Could you tell me whether we have Aspose.Cells for .Net Core? We have been using Cells version 4.0

Thanks,
Sharanya

@sharanya_ps,

Thanks for your query.

Yes, newer versions of Aspose.Cells for .NET now support .NET Standard/.NET Core, we provide separate assembly for the platform which you may try. Please try using Aspose.Cells assembly from ‘netstandard2.0’ folder in the “\lib” directory of the package or at your installation directory.

Also, see the document for your reference:

You may also download/get the Aspose.Cells for .NET package (including all the Aspose.Cells assemblies for different .NET frameworks, .NET Standard/.NET Core or other platforms) directly from Nuget repos into your VS.NET project via package manager:

Good to know about the .Net Core support. Can you redirect me to the pricing page of the new binary?

Thanks,
Sharanya

@sharanya_ps,

Well, the .NET Core/.NET Standard library is included in the Aspose.Cells for .NET package, so you got to upgrade your subscription or purchase Aspose.Cells for .NET. For pricing, subscription, licensing, kindly do post your query into Aspose.Purchase forum, one of our fellow colleagues from sales team will help you soon there.

Thank you.
We are using Aspose.Cells 4.0 version.
Can you roughly tell me whether there will be tremendous code change while switching to the new libraries? Or the new library supports the old methods as well?

Thanks,
Sharanya

@sharanya_ps,

Since you are using older version of the product so, you might need to update your existing code when upgrading to latest APIs set.

For your information, over the years, we included many enhancements (regarding existing features) with other fixes and supported some new features. We have made the product more robust and feature rich APIs set now. You got to update your code (in accordance with latest APIs set) as we made some changes with existing APIs. We have reorganized the APIs structure and moved certain APIs to their corresponding namespaces since the release of v5.0.0.

We recommend you to kindly see and browse Aspose.Cells for .NET Docs for your reference:

If you still find the issue while upgrading to latest Aspose.Cells version regarding code changes, do let us know with details and samples, we will check and help you through.

Hi,

I have downloaded the free aspose.net and using it via nuget. Just wanted to understand, once my 1 month free trial expires what are the consequences?

I am planning to buy aspose.net so just wanted to understand, when I buy aspose after 1 month will the nuget reference still work or I will need to update my package then?

@sriladb84,

I think you got 30 days temporary license which will be expired after 30 days. You may not be able to use the APIs full fledged after your temporary license is expired. Once you purchase the license (and set/update your licensing code to refer to newer license), you will be able to use the Aspose.Cells APIs (either from nuget or Downloads section) without any issue.

FYI, when you purchase a license for the product, you are authorized to use the license file with any new (and upcoming (official versions)) versions or hot fixes of the component for the next whole year. Moreover, your license will never expire if you continue to use your license with the product’s version/hotfix that should be released before your subscription expiry date. You may open your license file (after purchasing it) into notepad (without modifying it, lease it will not work) and check your subscription expiry date for confirmation.

Hope, this helps a bit.