Using OCR for .NET with ASP.NET

Hi,

I'm going to test your OCR for a project that I'm involved in, and have some questions before i download your trial version.

Is it possible to load a TIFF (Group 4) image into the browser via an OCR container or something like that to hold the image (As you know TIFF is not compatible with all browsers)?

Is it then possible to draw a rectangle on the TIFF image to select the part you want to extract into text?

If this is possible does your OCR then load text, x1,x2, y1,y2 coords in memory representing the rectangle?

If this is not possible for ASP.NET, I also want to know if your OCR components support this functionality for Windows applications, say WinForms in example.

Br

Olav

Hi Olav,

Aspose.OCR is not a GUI component but a request in this regard has been logged into our issue tracking system as OCR-33128. We will keep you updated on this issue in this thread.

At the moment, Aspose.OCR includes the API to load TIFF images and extract text from whole image or specify the coordinates of the rectangle to extract text from a specific part of the image. You can use Aspose.OCR in any web, win forms or console application.

Please feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or questions.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.