Using OCR for ORM function

I am interested in extending my current ASPOSE product purchase to ASPOSE.TOTAL enterprise but want to know some limitations in the OCR component. Using ASPOSE.OCR I would like to leverage the library to meet an OMR requirement.

The capability that is required is to detect if a check-box positioned in a certain location on a scanned form is populated or empty.
I recognize that the checkbox could be “checked”, “x’d out”, “shaded in” or contain any other symbol a user wished to enter. I believe using the OCR library I could potentially determine if the check-box is “empty” or contains “something” - I do not need to differentiate what symbol actually exists in the check-box.

Can ASPOSE.OCR meet this requirement or should I be looking at a different .Net component? Any code snippits I can use to spike this out?

Alternate suggestions?

Hi Maria,

Thanks for your inquiry. I’m afraid the requested feature is not available in Aspose.OCR at the moment. However, we have already logged a similar feature request in our issue tracking system as OCR-33314. According to product road-map the feature will be introduced at the end of Q3, 2013. However, we will keep you updated about issue progress via this forum thread.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

P.S: please note ETA for the feature is Q2, 2013 not Q3, 2013.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.