Using Office Automation only to convert to MPP-format

Like many others in this forum I deeply regret not having the possibility to write to .MPP-format with Aspose.Tasks. I also realized that it's no good idea to use office automation server-side for reading an writing project-files server-side. I'm thinking about using Aspose for importing and manipulating data on the server-side and using Office Automation only for converting and exporting it as an MPP-file.

• Do you have any experience with that and can you suggest that solution if you depend on exporting MPP's?
  • I'd also like to know whether custom fields can be read and written by Aspose?
  • Which file format do you suggest for reading and writing project files without losing any data? Which information does get lost because of the various file formats or Aspose.Tasks?

Regards,

Jan

Dear Jan,

Please write what custom fields would you like to read and I will check if we can add support for that.

I’d suggest using xml format. You shouldn’t lose any project’s information except additional graphics, images,

info about visible fields, color and style of cells, type of charts, embedded ole objects.

Alexey,

There is the ability to create custom fields for a project. I was wondering if that is supported in this product.

Pat