Using PrivateFontCollection with Aspose.Slides

I have a use case that has a user uploading a Powerpoint deck to the server and the server converting the Powerpoint deck into a series of images. The problem comes when a user uses custom fonts that are not installed on the server. Since embedded fonts don’t seem to work with Aspose.Slides I have tried another approach. (Is there any way for fonts “embedded” in Powerpoint to work?)

I can detect whether the Powerpoint deck has custom fonts that aren’t on the server and then warn the user about them. I would like to allow the user to upload their font files in order to use them during export. Is it possible to add a custom font to a PrivateFontCollection object and then use it with Aspose.Slides? If there is another way to achieve this, please let me know.

Thanks

Hi Dan,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Slides.

We have provided the feature of adding the fonts from custom location in Aspose.Slides for Java 2.8.1. Please visit this thread link for further investigation as it might help you in loading the fonts from custom location without even being installed.

Many Thanks,

I see for Java you mention using the com.aspose.slides.FontsLoader package. I am using .NET. Do you have a similar class for .NET?

Thanks

Hi Dan,

I regret to share that FontsLoader implementation for Aspose.Slides for .NET has not yet been provided. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-33251 as a new feature request to provide the same. I am sorry there is no work around method that I may suggest you to use for the time being. I will share the further information with you as soon as the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-33251) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)