Using SmartArt in PPT 2007

Hi,

If I have a slide with a ‘smartArt’ figure on it, can I use aspose to add/modify/remove elements of it? Examples would be the ‘hub and spoke’ diagram or the little pyramid where you can add/remove levels within PPT.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

We regret to inform you that the requested feature is currently unavilable. However, our development team is looking into the possiblity of implementing the said feature. An issue with ID 11406 has already been created in our issue tracking system as a new feature request. This thread has also been associated with the issue, so that you may be automatically notified, once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi,

Just wondering what the status of this one is now? Any news?

Thanks

Hello Dear,

I regret to share that SmartArt support is still unavailable in Aspose.Slides for Java. The said functionality will be initially implemented in Aspose.Slides for .NET and will then be implemented in Aspose.Slides for Java. I am sorry at the moment we are unable to share or promise any defined time frame with you for this but I assure you that we are working in this direction as well.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Many thanks for the update. I am a .NET user so am happy to hear that’s the first cab off the rank!

cheers

Hello,

I’m looking into SmartArt support by Aspose.Slides .NET and saw that release 5.3.0 included SmartArt (issue #25607) in its list of new features but not much more details.

I have also downloaded the latest version of Aspose.Slides (5.4.0) but have not been able to find a method in the SlideEx object to insert a SmartArt graphic to my slide.

I’d appreciate any information about whether SmartArt graphic is fully supported in Aspose.Slides for .NET.

Sincerely,
Tuan Nguyen
tuan.nguyen@insperity.com

Hi Tuan,

I regret to share that at the moment only SmartArt rendering is available at the moment. The support for adding and updating the SmartArt is unavailable at the moment. We will share the information with you once the feature is available online.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Do you have an ETA when full SmartArt support will be available in Aspose.Slides, if at all?

Thanks,
Tuan

Hi Tuan,

I have requested our development team to share any possible ETA with you for the status of the issue. I will share the information with you once it is shared by our development team.

Thanks and Regards,

Hello Tuan,

I like to share that the support for SmartArt support has been introduced in Aspose.Slides for .NET. For your kind reference, I have shared the sample project for manipulating SmartArt. Please share if I may help you further in this regard.

Thanks and Regards,