Using the OCR in portuguese

Hello,

I’m thinking of using this library to do OCR on brazilian portuguese files. As I could see from the forum it doesn’t support the language yet. So I have some questions:

How long would it take for you to add portuguese as an available language?
What are the supported language Today? Can I use any of them to help me?

Thanks.

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. We’ve already logged a feature request for the support of Brazilian Portuguese language as OCR-29406. Hopefully it will be implemented in Q4,2013.

Moreover, currently Aspose.OCR supports English, Spanish and Russian languages.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hello,

is there any news on this subject? Is it still going to happen in Q4, 2013?

Thanks.

Hi Mario,

By checking the status of the ticket attached with this thread, I can confirm you that the required featured will be supported with the release of Aspose.OCR for Java v2.1.0. Due to the upcoming improvement in the recognition algorithm in order to support smaller font sizes, we may have to re-schedule the said release to 1st quarter of 2014. We will post here as soon as we get more updates in this regard.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hello Babar,

is there any news on the new version?

Hi Mario,

Thank you for your patience with us.

I am afraid, the ticket attached to this thread isn’t resolved yet, therefore a corresponding release containing the fix hasn’t been published yet. I have inquired about the latest status of the ticket from development team. As soon as I get any news, I will post here for your kind reference.

Please accept my apology for your inconvenience.

Hello Babar,

So much time has passed and I still have no news on the subject, is this update really gonna happen?

[]'s

Hi Mario,

The requested enhancement is on our road map but unfortunately it hasn’t been implemented yet. I have requested the core team to provide an estimated release schedule for this feature. As soon as we receive more updates, we will post here for your reference.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as OCR-29406) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(3)

Hi Mario,

Thank you for your patience with us.

This is to inform you that we have currently provided the support for Portuguese language in .NET version of Aspose.OCR API. As soon as we port out these enhancements to Java version of the API, you will be able to test them in your Java application. We will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

Hi again,

We have now attached the OCR-33965 from the Java space of Aspose.OCR APIs in order to enable the automated notifications regarding the availability of your required feature in Aspose.OCR for Java.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as OCR-33965) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Mario,

Please check the detailed article on how you can perform OCR operation on images having contents in Portuguese language. Please download the latest version of Aspose.OCR for Java 2.3.0 (download link shared by the notifier) and give it a try on your end.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.