We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

V15.6.0 :: Converting RTF to DOC- 'Unknown built-in property encountered.'


we have problems with a special
kind of rtf-files. We have taken a closer look into those files and
found out that a possibly wrong property declaration is the problem. If
it says i.e.

{\propname Copyright}\proptype30{\staticval }

aspose can’t save this file as DOC. PDF works. It shows „Error! Unknown
document property name.“ in the document but it doesn’t fail to save
the document.

With an extra blank or any other value

{\propname Copyright}\proptype30{<wbr>staticval }

it works.

not sure if a property declaration without a value is valid rtf. But a
more fail-safe behavior like the pdf-converter are welcome.

Best regards.

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Rtf document here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.


thanks you for your quick response.

We have created a test file and at work we noticed that only the property with name “version” makes trouble. Take a look at line 509
{\propname version}\proptype30{\staticval }
If you expand this i.e. to
{\propname version}\proptype30{\staticval }
all is fine.

Best regards

Hi Josch,

Thanks for sharing the detail. I have tested the scenario using latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 15.6.0 and have not found the shared detail. Please use Aspose.Words for Java 15.6.0 and let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi Tahir,

please take a look at the title - we use 15.6.0 :slight_smile:
i checked it again. here is me testcode:
com.aspose.words.Document doc = new Document( rtfPath );
// This updates all fields in the document - and make trouble in this case
doc.save( docPath );

without the updateFields no error occurs.

thanks for your effort

Hi Josch,

Thanks for sharing the detail. I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-12144. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-12144) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.