Validate empty template in .netcore

I am using excel which contains more than 10 sheets. in every sheet, the first 3 or 5 rows have sample data. PFA screen shot. after file upload, I m using aspose to manipulate the data entered in excel. Since the sample data is populated in all the sheets, even if data is not entered, worksheet.Cells.MaxDataRow gives values as 3 or 5. how can I validate an empty template using c#.samplesheets.docx (185.9 KB)

@ramyaraj10,

Thanks for the screenshot.

If first 3 or 5 rows are sample (header) data then how could you say that a worksheet is empty? An empty worksheet is such a worksheet which has no data at all (even there should be no header rows). I guess in your case MaxDataRow is giving you the right values.

Thanks for the resposne.
in this case how can I validate if data is present from row 3 or 6? for every sheet, the starting row will differ.

@ramyaraj10,

You need to browse/loop through each cell and check if the cells are empty/null or have value.

will it not be time consuming? say example if there 15 sheets, I have loop through all 15 sheets and check if data is there or not. Is there any other way to handle it?

@ramyaraj10,

Since your worksheets are not empty all all (all sheets have data in the first 3-5 rows), so how could say those are actually empty sheets. You just want to check/validate data in specific rows (e.g., >=5) only, so you have to browse into those rows from 5th index. One thing you could do is you may use Row.CheckRow method to further evaluate if a row (in your specified range) exists and then check if it is null/empty.
e.g.
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook("Book1.xlsx");
            //Get the first worksheet.
            Worksheet sheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];

//create a range after your header rows
            //you may change data range as per your maximum data
            Range range = sheet.Cells.CreateRange("A6:Y100"); 
            Cells cells = range.Worksheet.Cells;
            int endRow = range.FirstRow + range.RowCount;
            bool isEmpty = true;
            for (int i = range.FirstRow; i < endRow; i++)
            {
                Row row = cells.CheckRow(i);
                if (row == null || row.IsBlank)
                {

}
                else {

isEmpty = false;
                    break;
                }

}

if (isEmpty == true)
            {
                Console.WriteLine("Worksheet is empty");
            }
            else {
                Console.WriteLine("Worksheet is not empty");
            }

The above code segment is a bit efficient. You may refer to the above code segment and write/update your own code accordingly.

Hope, this helps a bit.