Validate output pdf/a-1a fail after converting pdf to pdf/a-1a

Hello Aspose Team.
We are using your product to convert pdf to pdf/a-1a.
We are using code:
public static bool PdfToPdfA(string input, string output)
{
try
{
var doc = new AsposePdf.Document(input);
string logfile = Path.Combine(AppConfig.LogPath, “LogConvertPDFa.xml”);
doc.Convert(logfile, AsposePdf.PdfFormat.PDF_A_1A, AsposePdf.ConvertErrorAction.Delete);
// Save output document
doc.Save(output);
return true;
}
catch (Exception e)
{
return false;
}
}

Then I used http://demo.verapdf.org/ to validate output, but I have a fail pdf/a-1a validation.
See result in VeraPDF_VerificationResult.png attachment.

Could you guess why the problem happens base on that image?
If not, I will work more with you to send you our original file private.

Thank for your feedback.
Yours,
Nghia

@nguyen.xuan.nghia

Thanks for contacting support.

Would you please share your sample PDF document with us. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

@nguyen.xuan.nghia

Thanks for sharing the sample PDF.

We have tested the scenario in our environment using Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.10 and managed to replicate the issue. The output PDF file was not PDF/A_1a compliant ComplianceErrors.png (19.6 KB). Therefore, we have logged an issue as PDFNET-45594 in our issue tracking system. We will further investigate the issue and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello Support Team.
Can you guess how long does it take to check the problem?
I need your idea to inform my customer.

Thank for your feedback.

@nguyen.xuan.nghia

Thanks for your inquiry.

Please note that the issue has been logged under normal support model where issues have low priority and are resolved on first come first serve basis unlike the paid support where issues are dealt with high precedence. We regret to share that your issue is not yet resolved due to high number of pending issues in the queue logged previously.

Furthermore, we have recorded your concerns and will consider them while investigating your issue. As soon as we have some definite updates regarding issue resolution, we will let you know. Please be patient and spare us little time.

First of all thank you very much for your investigations.
The problem appeared in a project for the swiss coverment, because of this bug I have 2 options at the moment:
A. Get the bug fix before the project will get live for the users
B. Evaluat another PDF-Converter Library
Because overall I am happy with the Apose-Library I would like to avoid option B, but I need more informations.

1. What is the status of the bug fix today?
  2. What do you guess, when would the bug fix be available?

Thanks for your feedback and your help.

Nghia

@nguyen.xuan.nghia

Thanks for sharing your concerns.

I regret to share that your issue is not yet resolved due to other high priority issues in the queue.

We have recorded your concerns and escalate the issue to next level of priority. We will definitely pay attention to this issue despite its low priority. As soon as we have some further updates regarding resolution of the issue, we will let you know. Please spare us little time.

@nguyen.xuan.nghia

We have tested the scenario using Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.12 and checked output PDF/A file with Adobe Reader XI Pro. We did not find any compliance errors (please check attached screenshot). Would you please try using latest version and let us know in case you experience any issue.

2018-12-06_14-03-30.png (13.2 KB)

Thank for your feedback.
I tried version Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.12 but I still have error like before.
I am using http://demo.verapdf.org/ to validate the output. See image 2018-12-07_12h06_47.png (60.6 KB)

Is there a different from your tool Adobe Reader XI Pro and http://demo.verapdf.org/?
Can you try to validate your output pdf with tool http://demo.verapdf.org/?
I do not have Adobe Reader XI, so I could not check my output with Adobe Reader XI Pro.

Thank for your feedback
Yours,
Nghia

@nguyen.xuan.nghia

Thanks for sharing details.

We have updated logged issues details and will investigate it accordingly. We will update you in case of any further update. Please spare us little time.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-45594) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 22.1.

Hello Aspose Supporter.
I tried to test Aspose.PDF for .Net version 22.1.0.0. And I got output like that:

Input file: InputFile.pdf (30.3 KB)

1. Test on Windows 10 - 64 bit, and then I got output, and I validate output Pdf file by https://demo.verapdf.org/
    Result:
    ResultValidateSuccessfully.png (16.0 KB)

You can find pdf output on windows 10 - 64 bit in here:
OutputOnWin1064bit.pdf (2.6 MB)

→ Conclusion: the Aspose.PDF for .Net version 22.1.0.0 works well on Windows 10 - 64 bit.

1. Test on Windows Server 2016 Standard - 64 bit and then I got output, and I validate output Pdf file by https://demo.verapdf.org/
    Result:
    ResultValidateFailed.png (16.4 KB)

You can find pdf output on windows Server 2016 Standard - 64 bit in here:
OutputOnWinServer2016Standar64bit.pdf (2.4 MB)

→ Conclusion: the Aspose.PDF for .Net version 22.1.0.0 does NOT works well on windows Server 2016 Standard - 64 bit

Here is our source code:
Aspose.Pdf.License license = new Aspose.Pdf.License();
license.SetLicense(“Aspose.Total.lic”);

try
        {
            FileInfo fi = new FileInfo("36666_2018-10-16_MH_Original-BUOB ANTON-080529_VEREINBARUNG.pdf");
            Document pdfDocument = new Document(fi.FullName);
            string logFileName = fi.DirectoryName + "/log_" + fi.Name + ".xml";
            pdfDocument.Convert(new MemoryStream(), PdfFormat.PDF_A_1A, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);
            string outFileName = fi.DirectoryName + "/converted_" + fi.Name;
            pdfDocument.Save(outFileName);
        }
        catch (Exception ex)
        {
            Console.WriteLine("Exception: {0}", ex.ToString());
        }

Can you please support me to check this problem on Windows Server 2016 Standard - 64bit ? Is it a bug from Aspose or I have to do something else?
I you want to have more information from me, please let me know.

Thank you very much for your checking and feedback.
Yours.
Nghia

@nguyen.xuan.nghia

Can you please make sure that all fonts are installed correctly on the Windows Serve 2016 machine? You can copy all the fonts from Windows 10 machine and paste them in the same directory on Windows Serve 2016 machine and try again. Also, please try to test the case using 22.2 version which has just been released and let us know about your findings. We will further proceed to assist you accordingly.