Validate pdf/a-1b using Aspose.Pdf

Hi,

We are trying to validate pdf/a file which was generated with help of Aspose (see attached) using Document.Validate() method. It creates log file with a lot of issues (see attached).

Adove.Preflight says that this file is correct pdf/a-1b file.

Seems that Document.Validate() method does not work correctly.
We use such code for validating:

var pdfDocument = new Document(fileName);
pdfDocument.Validate(logFileName, PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B);

How we can validate pdf/a formats using Aspose library?
Thanks.

Hi Mikhail,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid I have tested your shared PDF with preflight tool of Adobe Acrobat XI and it fails the PDF/A1b compliance as Aspose.Pdf Validate() method identified, please find attached screen shot. Please test the PDF file with Adobe Acrobat XI and share the results.

Moreover, you are using correct code to validate PDF/A compliance, Validate() method of Aspose.Pdf API is used to validate PDF/A compliance.

Best Regards,

Thank you for your answer.
Please find attached Preflight screenshot and report.

PS. BTW if we will get validation errors in preflight too then i will ask why excel to pdf/a conversion (using Aspose library) creates such document with errors :). But it is not now as result document is correct using my preflight.

Hi Mikhail,

Thanks for your feedback. We will appreciate if you please check compliance on Adobe Acrobat XI and share the results. As it seems you are using an older version of Adobe Acrobat, so we are getting different results.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Ok, i will try and get back to you soon.

But at this moment you say that our pdf/a has some issues. Lets discuss another issue then - xls to pdf/a conversion. This test file was generated with help of aspose so if your acrobat says that it has some issues than there is a bug in Aspose.Cells - it generates not valid pdf/a-1b file.

Hi Mikhail,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes you are right Aspose.Cells had some issues with PDFA files. However these are resolved in latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.3.0, please check issues CELLSNET-42402/41906/41832 in release notes. So please download and try latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET, it will help you to resolve issue.

Best Regards,

Yes, with version 8.3.0 result file was successfully validated.

Thanks.

Hi Mikhail,

Thanks for your feedback. It is good to know that you have managed to resolve the issue.

Please keep using our APIs and feel free to ask any question or concern, we will be more than happy to extend our support.

Best Regards,