ValidateChartLayout() Throws "Wrong step value, can’t be equal to 0" Exception

When my bar chart has two specific values, and I call ValidateChartLayout(), it throws an exception “Wrong step value, can’t be equal to 0”. It works fine with other values though.

Attached is a zip to duplicate the error in the latest aspose.slides.NET version (24.3.0).
Sample.zip (21.6 KB)

@tliao,
Thank you for contacting support. Unfortunately, the sample project you provided was not loaded correctly on my end. I was unable to reproduce the error you described but the ValidateChartLayout method freezes in my environment.

So we have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESNET-44523

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Please also share the following additional information if it is possible:

• working project that reproduces the error
  • stack trace of the error
  • OS version on which the error appears

Sample.zip (22.4 KB)
My app uses .net Framework 4.8, but if I switch to .NET 6.0, then it hangs instead. If my project still doesn’t work, maybe you can switch to .Net Framework 4.8 to reproduce my error.

Stack Trace:

at Aspose.Slides.ee.6edjsll8wkkhk24vqhlj3gfcdxl477ek ( ​ )
at Aspose.Slides. ​.2hdx6rhr62kf4y5sl7nbqrbzclvbg3qa ( ​ )
at Aspose.Slides. ​.( ​ )
at Aspose.Slides. ​.(ee ,  ​ , Single , Single )
at Aspose.Slides. ​.()
at Aspose.Slides.Charts.Chart.ValidateChartLayout()
at Sample.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\tliao\Downloads\Sample\Sample\Sample\Program.cs:line 38

OS versions are Windows Server 2019 and Windows 10 Enterprise.

Thank you.

@tliao,
Thank you for the additional information. I reproduced the error you described and forwarded the information to our developers.

1 Like