Validation Need Help in Aspose GridWeb

Hi All,

We are still facing some issue in validation part. We have the Tab continer once we navigate Tab1 to Tab2 in Aspose GridWeb we are using javascript to restrict and focus on same Tab1 if any error inside GridWeb, but in our case after using "TestGrid.ForceValidation=true;" once we clicked Tab2 the Red Corss Error is disappering and the old value is getting reflected.

Do you have any sample code that to Restrict some validation on Tab1 to Tab2 while navigating Gridweb Sheet using javascript.

Regards,
Gawaskar.

Hi,

Please create a sample runnable project, zip it and post it here to reproduce the issue on our end. We will check it and log your issue into our Issue tracking system.

Thank you.

Hi All,

Please find attached sample project for validation restriction while switching on each tab control.

once we change any values in Sheet C4 as string then the validation error Red Cross mark is displayed on gridweb but with error when we tryed to switch to another Tab say tab 2 then the validation is not displayed and the cell C4 grid is updated to the old value.

Please provide your suggetion where we need to change the code accordingly.

Regards,

Gawaskar.

Hi All,

Kindly suggest your feedback to fix this validation issue in aspose gridweb, we have attached sample project in above thread.

Sorry for pushing, we are in deadlines to deliver this project.

Please do the needfull things.

Regards,

Gawaskar.

Hi,

Thanks for the project.

After an initial test, I can notice the issue as you have pointed out by running your project and following the process of navigation / steps. Once we change any values in the sheet cell i.e…, C4 as string then the validation error “Red Cross Marks” are displayed fine in the GridWeb cell but with error when we tried to navigate to switch to another Tab say Tab 2 then the validation is not displayed and the cell “C4” is replaced with the older value although we remain in the same sheet that we should be. This might be either by design or an issue with the product. We need to investigate it first. By the way, when you perform the validation in Excel, GridWeb seems to work same way for some strict validation types and you can never retain your invalid value in the cell.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41416” for your issue. We will look into your issue soon. Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi Team,

Kindly Provide status on this Ticket CELLSNET-41416.

Regards,

Gawaskar.

Hi,

I am afraid there is no update on your issue available at the moment. However, I have asked the relevant developer to update on it soon.

Once we have any update or other details on your issue, I will let you know here immediately.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

We have looked into this issue and found this is not an issue of gridweb .

The
TabContainer of ajaxToolkit doesn’t expose an event that fires before
the
active panel is changed.

However there is some workaround, please look into
the below thread for
detail info. http://forums.asp.net/p/1143545/1854150.aspx#1854150