Value correction incorrectly updating when repopulate a data source table

Hi,

I have posted an issue late last month about losing value corrections in a pivot table. We are now using version 7.5.0.1 of Aspose.Cells, and we are experiencing a similar issue to my older post; when we clear a source table and refresh the pivot table we are able to retain the replacement value for “(Blank)”, however if we are unable to retain the value correction when we try populating the cleared source table. It took a bit of time to confirm this issue as the data used to populate the table seems to be affecting the way this is behaving.

I have attached a small application project to demonstrate the issue. I have also attached an input file “input with custom pivot values.xlsx”. The written code opens the input file, clears it’s data, saves the workbook as “generated file.xlsx”. It then opens the generated file, populates the source table with data (NOTE: the first item is NOT blank), updates the pivot table before re-saving it as “generated file2.xlsx”.

If you look at the first file “generated file.xlsx” the blank item in the pivot table deceptively has “0”.
If you look at the second file “generated file2.xlsx” the pivot table has ‘0’ in first item (where “Just quit” should have been) and the “(Blank)” items are back to “(Blank)” again.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue. The blank item in the pivot table has 0 in the first file and in the second file, first item has 0 while others are blank. We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and resolve this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41786.

Hi,

Could I confirm the fix on this issue please? I was surprised to have files generated correctly when we created files that are similar to this, so I downloaded the files I have posted and tried to run it.
When the project was referencing Aspose.Cells 7.5.0.1 which is where the issue was found, I can confirm the issue. When I update the reference to the current version we are using which is 7.5.1.1 I can no longer reproduce the issue using the same project and input file.

Note: We are aware of Aspose.Cells 7.5.1.3’s availability, but we still need to test that it works with our current development codes.

Thank you

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We have checked your issue status from database. It is not fixed yet. But as you say, it is fixed, we could log your comments. Could you let us know your feedback with the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.5.1.3

Hi,

Is there any notes on your database saying why this is not fixed yet (As you say it is currently recorded as not fixed)? The issue where the wrong items are being replaced by the replacement values does not seem to be an issue anymore.

As mentioned before, when I downloaded the project and the input file I have attached in the first item of this thread we could no longer reproduce the issue when using the latest version of Aspose.Cells 7.5.1.3. But this is only with the small input file; with a bigger input file the deceptive “0” in the first generated file is not there at all. The result is that the value correction is not remembered at all after clearing the data source and refreshing the pivot tables.

This seems less confusing for users opening the file as there are no values being incorrectly replaced. However the fact that the values are no longer retained means that my other post will need to be re-opened.

Note: This issue seems to be only happening when we try to set (Blank) items in the pivot table/s to a different value i.e. “-” or “0” in Excel files that has been created using a much earlier version of Aspose.Cells. When we try to reproduce this issue with files that was created after updating to the latest copies of Aspose.Cells i.e. 7.5.1.1 and 7.5.1.3 we experience no issues with the output files.

It is important that we do not get this issue with files we have created using the older version of Aspose.Cells as quite a few of them are created to be templates for users to use when they create new Excel files from our developed application. A significant amount of design work has been put into these files, and recreating them from scratch every time we have a new version of Aspose.Cells will cost man power that we need for other development projects.

QUESTION: Could you think of any reason why we would lose our replacement values in the pivot table/s if we did the change on an Excel file created using an much older version of Aspose.Cells?

Hi,

Well, there are no comments available for your issue at this moment. However, your issue is still open. Once, there is some update available for your issue, we will let you know asap. Also we have logged your comment and question in our database for investigation. Please spare us some time. We will investigate it and get back to you asap.

Hi,

We fixed some refreshing pivot table issues after 7.5.0.

And in this earlier version, when we refresh pivot table, we will lose some settings in the pivot table.

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

Could I confirm that your known problems for this issue is that having multiple pivot tables referring to the same data source results in only the first pivot table retaining the replacement values?

Example:

ListObject: "Data"
Three Pivot Table: “PivotTable1”, “PivotTable2”, and “PivotTable3

- PivotTable1 is using “Data” as its data source.
- PivotTable2 is using “Data” as its data source.
- PivotTable3 is using “Data[[Column1]:[Column4]]” as its data source.

With the example above, after refreshing all of the pivot tables, “PivotTable1” will have retained its replacement values, “PivotTable2” would have lost its replacement values, butPivotTable3” will have retained its replacement values because its data source is just a selected few of the columns from the “Data” ListObject.

Hi,

We have logged your comments in our database for investigation.We will look into it. Once, there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Please download and try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.6.0.2 and let us know your feedback.

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41786) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.