Value1 of Aspose.Cells.Validation contains wrong entry

Hi,

we are accessing the Value1 porperty of validation to check for correct values in Excel-dropdowns. Unfortunately, we observed that when there are umlauts (ä, ö, ü) in the dropdown, Value1 contains a “?” instead of the umlaut. Attached you find a sample xlsx.

In when you access the Value1 property of the Validation assigned to cell D12 you will find the entry “Bitte w?hlen” in position zero of the object array. The correct entry should be “Bitte wählen”.

Please provide a fix.

Thanks,
Birgit

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and use the latest version 17.5 (you can download it from Downloads section), it is giving the correct value. Please see this screenshot. As you can see, Validation.Value1 property is showing the correct value.

Hi,

I tried the latest version of Aspose.Cells. However, the entry is still wrong (see screenshot). We are using a German locale. Maybe it is a problem with the encoding?

Thanks,
Birgit

Hi,

could you try the attached sample file. When I run this code:

Aspose.Cells.Workbook workbook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(excelPath);
Aspose.Cells.Validation val = workbook.Worksheets[6].Cells[“D12”].GetValidation();

Value1[0] is “Bitte w?hlen” instead of “Bitte wählen”.

Can you now reproduce the issue?

Thanks,
Birgit

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue and logged it in our database for a fix and for an investigation.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-45401 - Data Validation - Value1 contains a “?” instead of the umlaut

Here is your sample code (with some modification) used to test this issue as well as the screenshot that shows the issue for a reference.

C#
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“EHB_Erweiterungsfaktor_Strom_2017.xls”);

Worksheet ws = workbook.Worksheets[6];

Aspose.Cells.Validation val = ws.Cells[“D12”].GetValidation();

object[] vals = val.Value1 as object[];

Console.WriteLine(vals[0]);

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-45401 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.5.6:
Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.5.6 (.NET 2.0)
Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.5.6 (.NET 4.0)
(Note: please choose any of the fixes for your underlying .NET framework version)

Your issue “CELLSNET-45401” should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45401) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.6.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Using the latest version of aspose.cells.gridweb the issue still exists. See the sample file in the quoted post.

Please provide a working fix.

Thanks,
Birgit

@bkrack,

We need your template file to evaluate your issue using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb. We appreciate if you could create a sample project (runnable) using our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v17.7 (you may get the latest version after installing Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.7 using its MSI Installer), zip the project and post us here with the template file(s), this will help us to evaluate your issue precisely and we can log a separate ticket for it.

Thank you.

How can I upload the file directly to the forum? As I said before: Its the same file which I posted on May 31th. Just open the file using the following code snippet:

Thanks,
Birgit

@bkrack,

I tested your scenario/issue using our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.7.x with your sample code and original template file, it works fine and as expected. See the screenshot for your reference:

By the way, do you mean the printed value in CMD display? For your information, Console.WriteLine(vals[0]); cannot print umlauts (ä, ö, ü).

Thank you.

@bkrack

FYI: How to upload file directly on forum?

Please first zip your file. Then hover your mouse cursor on B (bold) button on tool bar and then move few items toward right and at one button, you will see Upload tip. Use that button to upload your zip file.