VCardContact MultiContacts

Hello,

1. About VCardContact.IsMultiContacts / VCardContact.LoadAsMultiple
    Please advise how to save Mapi DistList to a single multi contact vcf file?
  • Merging multiple vcf files into one single one is as easy as:
    Copy *.vcf MultiContacts.vcf
  1. And also:

MemStm = New MemoryStream(File.ReadAllBytes(vcfPath), False)
VCardContact.IsMultiContacts(MemStm)

Will always return True for single contact vcf files!

Let me clarify, by multi contact, do you mean the same thing as we export from Android?

@australian.dev.nerds,

1. The possibility is not supported, I will create a feature ticket.
  2. It is a bug, I will create a ticket also.

Let me clarify, by multi contact, do you mean the same thing as we export from Android?

Yes, it is the same.

Thank you.

@australian.dev.nerds
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): EMAILNET-40968,EMAILNET-40969

You can obtain Paid Support services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hello,
Email.PersonalInfo.VCard.VCardContact.IsMultiContacts(stream).ToString
Now always returns False, even for multi contact vcf files :slight_smile:

You can test these 2 attached vcf files against IsMultiContacts to see the behavior:

• CMulti2.vcf is directly exported from Google contacts!

CMulti.zip (184.8 KB)

Hello @australian.dev.nerds,

Can you please double-check your tests? I checked both files and the method returns true as expected.
Thanks.

1 Like

So so so sorry, always forget to set Position = 0
Do you think it’s wise to add a file overload to .IsMultiContacts?

Beside that, one we load a multi contact vcf to VCardContact, how to enumerate/loop through the inner contacts? Didn’t find the proper methods!

@australian.dev.nerds,

Do you think it’s wise to add a file overload to .IsMultiContacts?

Yes, possibly.

Beside that, one we load a multi contact vcf to VCardContact, how to enumerate/loop through the inner contacts? Didn’t find the proper methods!

please consider the VCardContact.LoadAsMultiple method.

Thanks.

Hi, thanks, yep that was not in the common list, found it.

Please kindly load this vcf as multiple:

VCF.zip (76.6 KB)

9 contacts inside, items number 3,4,5 and 8,9 cannot be read at all, I mean no any properties will return the email address which is clearly inside the vcf! Snapshot + vcf attached

I mean having a IsMultiContacts( inputFile as String) overload, possible to have?

Hi, I can read all contacts inside a multi vcf file, just don’t know how to create a new MSG with DistList class and add all contacts from vcf to new DistList msg and vise versa, any tips? :slight_smile:

@australian.dev.nerds
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): EMAILNET-40981

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@australian.dev.nerds,

9 contacts inside, items number 3,4,5 and 8,9 cannot be read at all, I mean no any properties will return the email address which is clearly inside the vcf! Snapshot + vcf attached

created the EMAILNET-40981 ticket

I mean having a IsMultiContacts( inputFile as String) overload, possible to have?

We’ll add owerload method.

just don’t know how to create a new MSG with DistList class and add all contacts from vcf to new DistList msg and vise versa, any tips?

This conversion is not supported by Aspose.Email.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello,
Just to inform you that 23.3 release fixed this case partially, unless I’m mistaken, no string overload to accept direct files is added, not vital, just wanted to share :slight_smile:

@australian.dev.nerds,

it is in separated EMAILNET-41019 ticket. Not resolved yet.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for 41019, it’s great :slight_smile:

Ok, thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

Hello,
First of all, so many thanks for the life saving EMAILNET-40968 Save Mapi DistList to a single multi contact vcf file feature.
Second, 41019 is marked as Closed here, but not mentioned in the release notes, is it added? :slight_smile:

Hello,
it’s mentioned in Aspose.Email for .NET 23.4 Release Notes|Documentation

1 Like