VectorizeText feature is not working for certain languages

Thank you for the VectorizeText feature for saving SVG files. It works great for all latin character set languages I’ve tried. I’m now expanding into additional languages, and find it doesn’t always work.

For example, it works correctly for Pakistan (using Urdu, language code ur-PK). However it does switch left-to-right to right-to-left which I would rather it didn’t do.

It does not work at all for India (using Hindi, language code hi-IN).

It has the same problem with various other languages, for example Chinese (language code zh-CN).

I attached a Zip file with four examples, two each for Pakistan and India, showing the image file with VectorizeText either true or false.

Let me know if you have any questions for me or suggestions for workarounds.

Examples.zip (19.1 KB)

@GPTW_Jim

We were also able to notice the similar issue in our environment and have logged it as SVG-101 in our issue tracking system. We will further investigate it in details and let you know as soon as it is resolved. Please have patience and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for your quick response, I’m glad you can re-create the problem.

A couple of other SVG-related observations, let me know if these should be reported as separate issues.

(1) the vectorized result of right-to-left text (Arabic, for example) is turned into left-to-right.

(2) when saving the original SVG image (without first vectorizing embedded text) as PNG or JPG there are odd character spacing problems in Hindi. I attached an example. (Ignore that the white text doesn’t fit in the image’s blue shape, that will be my problem to solve, lol)

Thanks!

Jim

Hindi.zip (131.9 KB)

@GPTW_Jim

Could you please share any sample SVG to replicate the above issue.

We were able to reproduce the same issue in our environment and have logged it under the ticket ID SVG-102. We will surely look into its details and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please give us some time.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regarding vectorized right-to-left Arabic text coming out as left-to-right, you wrote “Could you please share any sample SVG to replicate the above issue.”

Here you go. Two SVG files: the original unvectorized and the resulting vectorized files. Notice that the vectorized arabic text is in reverse order from the original.

fyi, in my code, the Arabic text is created using the .NET localization to format English-language date text with the (ar-SA) culture. In this case, the original English is “January 2021-January 2022”.

Let me know if there is anything additional explanation needed.

Arabic_RTL.zip (13.8 KB)

@GPTW_Jim

We have logged an issue as SVG-104 in our issue tracking system for left-to-right text in output SVG. We will further look into its details and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.