Verifying a validity of a signature

I found this page: Verify Signature in PDF File|Aspose.PDF for Java. However, I’m not sure if the described methods can take into account the situation where the signature is no longer valid, but digital continuity is ensured by applying a timestamp. Will these methods return the correct result in such a case?

Thank you,

Martin Herzog

@MarHer

Are you facing some issue while checking the signature validity using this code snippet? Can you please share a sample PDF document for our reference with the expected results so that we can test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly?

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to share our document with you with regards to GDPR.
However, the situation is as follow:
A document has attached an advanced electronic signature (according to eIDAS) based on an qualified certificate.
The validity of the certificate is over now.
But digital continuity of the document si assure by attached qualified timestamp issued by external timestamp authority.
The timestamp is still valid till next year.
I’d like to obtain out of the document information about the advanced electronic signature and the timestamp as well.

Is this something your library can help with?

Thank you

@MarHer

We need to further investigate and analyze whether this particular requirement can be achieved or not. We have logged an investigation ticket as PDFJAVA-43258 in our issue tracking system. We will look into its details and keep you posted with the status of its resolution. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.