Vertical text gets distorted after editing

We use Aspose PDF dot net code to edit and recreate pdfs.
The vertical text, if edited, gets abstracted in the regenerated pdf. It gets overlapped with other text and doesn’t locate correctly.

@makarandkonduri
Please attach the code and document you used so that we can reproduce and study this problem ourselves.

Hi,

The following is the code we use;

TextFragmentAbsorber textFragmentAbsorber = new TextFragmentAbsorber("SEE DWG EN227000-261-OL504-002");
                TextSearchOptions textSearchOptions = new TextSearchOptions(true);
                textFragmentAbsorber.TextSearchOptions = textSearchOptions;
                pdfDoc.Pages.Accept(textFragmentAbsorber);
                TextFragmentCollection textCollection = textFragmentAbsorber.TextFragments;

foreach (TextFragment txtFragment in textCollection)
                {
                    string stxt = txtFragment.Text;
                    string sNewTxt = stxt.Replace("261", "262");
                    sBLogData.Append(txtFragment.Text + " | " + sNewTxt + Environment.NewLine);
                    txtFragment.Text = sNewTxt;
                }
                pdfDoc.Save(ePath + "\\" + UpdatedFileName);

This is a sample case. The attached pdf is a simple MSWord document saved as PDF.
testvert.pdf (27.5 KB)

@makarandkonduri
I apologize for the delay in response.
I have reproduced the problem and will create a task for the development team. Thank you for writing to us and providing us with the data to reproduce.

@makarandkonduri
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFNET-56790

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hi,
What kind of paid support should I purchase for quicker resolution of this problem?
And what would be the pricing?

@makarandkonduri
Sorry for the delay, I’m researching your question.

@makarandkonduri
Incoming tasks are reviewed by the development team in accordance with priorities.
Priority support tasks have the highest priority (you can check the information on the website Paid Support Helpdesk - aspose.com).
The next in priority are the tasks of users who have purchased a license.
Pricing information | Aspose.PDF for .NET.

I see that the development team is making changes to the “Wrong text extraction on rotated pages” task, but I can’t say now whether they will improve your case.