Very poor performance opening documents with nested tables

Aspose Ticket.zip (88.1 KB)

We have found that when a OneNote document that contains a table with multiple layers of tables nested inside of the parent table, the performance is seriously degraded with each added level.

I created four simple OneNote documents with simple tables that are nested 4, 5, 6, and 7 times. Running the Aspose library in a C# console application,

I found that it took a much greater time to open the document with each added nested table layer.

I have also included a worksheet that shows that the 4 data points appear to trend exponentially. After the 6th level nest, the code appears to “freeze” when opening a simple (but highly nested ) OneNote document. I realize that this is “only” 4 points, but it is indicative of a rapid degradation of performance.

The file included contains the following files.
The 4 OneNote files:

• NestedTables4LevelsDeep.one
  • NestedTables5LevelsDeep.one
  • NestedTables6LevelsDeep.one
  • NestedTables7LevelsDeep.one

The code for the C# Console Application and an image of the result:

• CSharpTestCode.cs
  • ConsoleOneNoteNestedTableRun.PNG

An Excel spreadsheet that contains the results.

• OneNotedNestedTable.xlsx

We would like to know if this behavior is expected or if there is a way for Aspose to improve the performance we are seeing.

Thank you,

Christopher McDonald

@chrmcdonald,

We will evaluate your issue using your sample documents and resource files.
We will get back to you soon.

@chrmcdonald,

After initial testing, I reproduced the issue as you mentioned by using your sample documents. We found the performance of opening documents is not good when the file containing nested tables.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): NOTENET-5797

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NOTENET-5797) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by senua.remizova