Very Small Barcodes to generate

Hi,

I have a requirement to generate very small barcodes could be placed on chemical vials. Barcode(Code128) maximum size would be 1/2" inch. Could you please let me know whether we can generate the barcodes as expected.

I would like to generate the barcode for "123456-AB" and the barcode size should be half inch (1/2"), Zebra software is able to generate the barcode as half inch. It would be great to send some sample barcodes images that are below or around half inch for text "123456-AB" and could able to scan the images.

We are ready to purchase the software if we could be to generate the barcodes as expected.

I have written sample program to generate Code128.

BarCodeBuilder builder = new BarCodeBuilder(getBarcodeText(), Symbology.Code128);

BufferedImage bi = builder.getCustomSizeBarCodeImage(new Dimension(40,20), true);

above code thrown exception : com.aspose.barcode.BarCodeException: GetCustomSizeBarCodeImage - required size is too small to fit the image

Could you please suggest/guide me to accomplish barcode generation.

Thanks

Dhorrairaajj

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

<![endif]–>

Hi Dhorrairaajj,

Thank you for contacting support. Please note, the barcode size also depends upon the code text. You can use Aspose.BarCode library which helps to get minimum sized image and then extend its size according to the requirement. In this regard, the getOnlyBarCodeImage method will return you the minimum possible size and you can use getCustomSizeBarCodeImage method to adjust its size. Please don't truncate its original width or height otherwise you could face recognition failure problems.

Anyway, we have tested your scenario and can't generate so small Code128 barcode image. Is it feasible for you to change the barcode type? I mean use MicroPdf417 symbology instead of Code128 ?

Hi Imran.rafique,

Thanks for your reply.

Need to generate the Code128 barcode since this requirement is tied with one of our client and generated barcodes should be small as much as possible as they were placed into small chemical vials.

The same scenarios is working with Zebra Designer. I mean could able to
generate the 1mm or near about 1/2 " barcode image with zebra designer
software with text “123456-AB” and that gets scanned also.

This is the reason we are looking for the commercial support even many open source API are available to generate the barcode.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks
Dhorrairaajj

Hi Dhorrairaajj,

Thank you for the confirmation. We have further tested your requirement scenario. We can now generate a small barcode image of Code128 but recognition part fails to read it.

Barcode generation source code:

[Java]
BarCodeBuilder builder = new BarCodeBuilder(“123456-AB”, Symbology.Code128);
// Set auto size false
builder.setAutoSize(false);
// Set height
builder.setImageHeight(20);
// Set width
builder.setImageWidth(40);
// Get bitmap with exact barcode only
BufferedImage image = builder.getOnlyBarCodeImage();
// Saving the buffered image
File outputfile = new File(“C:\temp\Code128_barcode.png”);
ImageIO.write(image, “png”, outputfile);

For the sake of recognition purposes, we have logged an issue under ticket id BARCODJAVA-33511 in our issue tracking system. Your post has also been linked to this issue. We'll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We're sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Imran.rafique,

Thank you for considering. Even if make it small as per your suggestion it will not useful until it gets scanned. It would be great to make it possible to scan the barcode image such that we can make use of your services.

If i use getOnlyBarCodeImage() then getting exception saying Sorry, evaluation version does not allow to generate such type of barcode’s image

Waiting for your response.

All the Best

Thanks
Dhorrairaajj.

Hi Dhorrairaajj,

Thank you for the inquiry. It’s because you have not applied a valid license. We recommend our users to apply a valid license to avoid its evaluation limitations. Regarding the license, you can get a 30 day temporary license. It will be for testing purposes.

Please download the latest version of Aspose.BarCode:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.barcode-for-java/default.aspx

Please refer to the help topic to get assistance of applying a license:
How to Apply a License

We hope, this helps. Please feel free to reply us in case of any confusion or questions.

Hi Dhorrairaajj,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue id BARCODJAVA-33511 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the future version of Aspose.BarCode for Java 7.0.0. We’ll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODJAVA-33511) have been fixed in Aspose.BarCode for Java 7.0.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.