VideoFrame with web source does not work in PowerPoint 2016

Dear Support,

I’m trying to generate PowerPoint document with video from web source. I’ve implemented simple code based on Aspose.Slides and documentation:

var url = "http://s3.amazonaws.com/mr-ppt-video-production/b4ac7eb6-7d56-4105-9de1-a8769cbf0ba8.mp4";
    using (var pres = new Presentation())
    {
        var videoFrame = pres.Slides[0].Shapes.AddVideoFrame(10, 10, 427, 240, url);
        videoFrame.PlayMode = VideoPlayModePreset.Auto;

pres.Save("test.pptx", Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pptx);
    }

As result, video in the generated document works for PPT 2013, but does not work for PPT 2016:

• When slideshow is run, PPT 2013 plays the video, PPT 2016 does not.
  • If try to play video manually from the slide, it works in PPT 2013 again, but PPT 2016 shows error message that content is not available

Has anybody experienced similar issue?

Please advise.

@Boris_Benyaminovich,

I have observed your requirements and request you to please provide the generated presentation for reference. I also suggest you to please first try using latest Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.10 on your end as well. I also request you to please share the complete PowerPoint 2016 version number as well that does not work on your end.

mudassir.fayyaz,

thanks for quick response.
I’m using latest version of aspose.slides - 17.10
powerpoint version is 16.0.4549.1000 for x64

@Boris_Benyaminovich,

As requested earlier, please share the generated presentation as well.

mudassir.fayyaz,

Sorry, I’ve missed that.
Here is the Generated file - test.zip (22.1 KB)
Please take a look and advise.
Thank you.

@Boris_Benyaminovich,

I have observed your comments and worked with the presentation file shared by you. I have been able to reproduce the specified issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-39564 has been logged in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue.This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-39564) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.12. Please try using the latest release version and in case you experience any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

Thanks for feedback and fix.

I’ve tried to reproduce the issue with the version 17.12. However, looks like it does not help. The issue still reproducible for me with the same c# code from the first post :frowning:

Please advise.
Thanks.

@Boris_Benyaminovich,

I have observed your comments. As stated in article you can embed only YouTube videos in PowerPoint at this time. PowerPoint 2016 does not support other web sources. Please share feedback with us if there is still an issue.

Thanks for feedback.
However, looks like the article says about a little bit different feature - about “Online Video…” option.
But PowerPoint also has different way to insert a video from web source - you can use “Video On My PC…” and then “Link to File” button (screenshot.png). And looks like it works.

Also, I’d like to share that, the same code as above works with the same video but from different host:

// var url = "http://s3.amazonaws.com/mr-ppt-video-production/b4ac7eb6-7d56-4105-9de1-a8769cbf0ba8.mp4"; // does NOT work
        var url = "http://303team.com/test.mp4"; // works with this URL
        using (var pres = new Presentation())
        {
            var videoFrame = pres.Slides[0].Shapes.AddVideoFrame(10, 10, 427, 240, url);
            videoFrame.PlayMode = VideoPlayModePreset.Auto;

pres.Save("test.pptx", Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pptx);
        }

Result: test_works.zip (21.8 KB)

Do you have any thoughts ?
Please advise.

Thanks.

@Boris_Benyaminovich,

I have observed your comments and shared your feedback with our product team to check either is it possible or not using Aspose.Slides. I request for your patience until further feedback is shared by our product team.

@Boris_Benyaminovich,

I like to inform that our product team investigating issue in details. Can you please, share the screenshot and presentation with problem video created in PowerPoint 2016.

Sorry, for delay with answer.

I’ve attached ZIP with PPTX files and screenshots. It was generated with latest version of Slides lib (18.2)
Let me know if you need more info.

test_data.zip (1.7 MB)

@Boris_Benyaminovich,

Thanks for sharing requested information. We will share good news with you soon.

@Boris_Benyaminovich,

I like to inform that we have investigated issue in detail. After a lot of tests and experiments, we can conclude that the PointPoint 2016 has problem with video. All attempts to add this video to the presentation result in a PowerPoint was unable to locate the linked multimedia file. Please try to add this video directly in PowerPoint 2016 and play it after saving and reopening. When we add this video in PowerPoint 2016 it works only until the presentation is saved and reopened. The result after VideoCreatedInPP2016.pptx opening in PowerPoint 2016 is screenshot.png. The same is true for the VideoCreatedInPP2013.pptx created in Powers Point 2013. Please check attachment. Results.zip