Viewing Aspose Document Values with Visual Studio Debugger

Why can't I view document values using Visual Studio 2010?

I am getting an error message that the name is not declared. And that it may be inaccessible due to its protection level.

I can view all values up to the time I define a new document and then I can view all values after I close the document. But nothing while the document is open.

Image of Visual Studio screen with error attached.

Thanks,
Diane Asberry

Hi Diane,

Thanks for your inquiry. In general, there should no issue to access the properties. We will appreciate it if you please share your sample PDF document and source code here, so we will test the scenario at our end and will guide you according.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

I have attached a couple of screen shots from Visual Studio 2010 debugger. The first one shows that I cannot see any members or properties under pdfDocument (line highlighted in blue). The second one shows further into the application where I can not see any field details, members, or properties.

I have also attached a zip folder of the application solution and the PDF document.

Being able to drill down to the Aspose Fields and Values during debugging would be extremely helpful.

Thanks,
Diane Asberry

Hi Diane,

Thanks for your sharing the sample solution. We have noticed the issue with latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.7.0 using VS2010. We have logged a ticket PDFNEWNET-37719 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,