Viewing PDF on Android

Hello,

We leverage Aspose.PDF in our Web Application that works great on everything except Android. On Android, rather than presenting the PDF document, it asks the user to download the file and then open the PDF after locating the filepath.

Could someone help give a second opinion to our main developer’s feedback?

“Looks interesting, but there is no SDK for Javascript and it would add yet another layer for us to maintain. The cloud version could work, but we would have to pay per use, not sure how to pass that cost to the customer. At this point I think we will just have to rely on the PDF viewers that already on Android devices.”

Thanks,
-Kevin

This Topic is created by Farhan.Raza using the Email to Topic plugin.

@kevinuppal

Thanks for your inquiry.

Aspose.PDF for Android API offers features to manipulate/generate PDF documents in code behind. We do not offer any application or viewer to view PDF document on android devices after generating output. However, as your inquiry includes, you can use some PDF viewers which android devices offer already, in order to view PDF documents.

In case you need any further assistance, regarding API features and functionalities, please feel free to let us know.

Hi asad.ali,

I was aware of this and also aware that GroupDocs.Viewer is an option to be able to view PDFs directly on Android. I made my original post on their forum and it was move to this one.

@kevinuppal

Thanks for your feedback.

In case your original inquiry was about GroupDocs.Viewer, you may please continue posting over respective forum. You will definitely be assisted there accordingly.