Visio curved Line gets converted to a straight line on editor

image2.png (34.6 KB)
image.png (127.3 KB)
Using the Visio Editor, when opening a Visio file which has a curved line, it immediately chagnes it to straight lines. Does the tool not support curved lines?image2.png (34.6 KB)
image.png (127.3 KB)

@JMurphy5
Thanks for the screenshots.
We are sorry we could not support the calculation of parameters for curve-linked lines recently.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): DIAGRAMAPP-2190

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Thanks Phillip. Can you confirm next steps? We are expecting to go-live with a client app utilizing your system this coming weekend but are now 100% blocked do to this defect.
You can confirm this is an Aspose defect and there isn’t any work-around we can utilize?

@JMurphy5
Currently, we support saving the curves that already exist in the source file, but we are unable to create a connector line that is identical to MS Visio’s.
I’m sorry, but we could no support this new feature in near future.

Hi Phillip,
I’m not sure I understand your response.
Even if we add a new curved line object from your software, when we save it back to Visio, it gets converted to a straight line.
It makes it a straight line when bringing into your software, and also when saving back to Visio.
Can you please elaborate? Are you saying that you don’t’ support any curved lines in your software?

Outlook-gtitkxrp.png (7.19 KB)

Outlook-3eavvzia.png (12 KB)

@JMurphy5
I’m sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We support curve conversion and viewing in apps like “Conversion” and “View,” but we do not support curve editing in the “Editor” app.
Thanks.