VML Form Elements in HTML Conversion

In saving a document (attached sample) with form elements from Aspose.Cells for .NET (7.7.0), a number of form elements are not rendering in any capacity; These elements (comboboxes, textboxes) are stored as VML data inside the xlsx package, so I presume there is some internal conversion that is not taking place for these elements, or the internal parser is not associating the fallback images with the form elements.

The Checkboxes and Radio buttons are rendering in an acceptable fashion, if a bit ugly; at least the elements exist.

I am using the following snippet to save:
Aspose.Cells.Workbook workbook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(fileStream);
Aspose.Cells.HtmlSaveOptions saveOpts = new Aspose.Cells.HtmlSaveOptions()
{
HiddenColDisplayType = Aspose.Cells.HtmlHiddenColDisplayType.Remove,
HiddenRowDisplayType = Aspose.Cells.HtmlHiddenRowDisplayType.Remove,
ValidateMergedAreas = true,
ExportImagesAsBase64 = true

};
using (MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream())
{
workbook.Save(ms, saveOpts);
var renderedHtml = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetString(ms.GetBuffer());
}

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue. Some of the form elements are not rendered in html conversion. We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and implement it if possible. Once, there is some fix or update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-42259.

I have attached the output html for a reference.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\VML+Elements(Excel).xlsx”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out.htm”);

Shakeel,

Thank you for your prompt response and recognizing the issue.

We are working with Aspose to upgrade our license to the Enterprise Edition, which should assist with expediting issues.

It is my understanding that Aspose has been releasing frequent builds to address issues, etc. Can you provide an estimated timeframe as to when we can expect this issue to be resolved? Is there an area where end-users can see what will be slated for future releases?

Thanks in advance,
Todd

Hi Todd,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

I am afraid, there is no update for you at this moment. However, I have logged your comment in our database against this issue. Once, there is some fix or update for you, we will let you know asap.

Once, you will upgrade to Enterprise License, you will be able to escalate this issue to Enterprise Priority. Development team gives more priority to enterprise issues in fixing them.

Hi Todd,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have evaluated your feature request. We are afraid, it is a difficult for us to resolve this issue, so we do not have any plan to fix this issue for now.

Once, we will have any further update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.0.0.2 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-42259) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.