VS 2022 Intellisense lagging

For some reason the Aspose libraries for .NET 7 have a negative performance impact on Visual Studio 2022 intellisense autocomplete performance. Follow the steps I outline below and you can easily replicate it. Can you fix this please?

1. Start a new .NET 7.0 “ASP.NET Core Web App” project in Visual Studio 2022 (Version 17.7.3)
  2. Start typing in a method signature to define a new parameter and observe that intellisense is instantly giving good autocomplete recommendations.
  3. Go to Nuget and add the latest versions (23.8.0) of Aspose.Pdf, Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Word as dependencies of the project.
  4. Try out the intellisense from step 2 once more and notice that it takes multiple seconds for results to appear.
  5. Removing the Aspose dependencies immediately restores good intellisense performance.

@yryanm

This behavior may be due to the links which load examples when they show in the intellisense. Nevertheless, we will check the ways to optimize it and let you know once we have some updates.

Interesting. Do you know of a workaround in the meantime? I’ve tried disabling extra intellisense related features in VS but it didn’t seem to help.

For further detail, the lagging is most noticeable in class constructors when starting a type declaration with “I” as is often the case when accepting an interfaced type from the dependency injector.

“public SomeClass(I”

@yryanm

Can you please share a short clip or maybe GIF with us to show how exactly the lag is occurring at your end. It would help us in investigating the problem accordingly.

Sure see video clip attached.

AsposeIntellisenseClip.zip (4.6 MB)

@yryanm

For investigation, we have logged a ticket as PDFNET-55480 in our issue tracking system. We will look into its details and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us some time.