VSD to PDF output contains misaligned content

Trying to do a very simple demo test of Aspose.Diagram for PDF conversion. The content of the PDF I am getting is jumbled with drawing objects out of alignment and overlapping each other. I can convert from VSD to PDF using Visio 2010 and the PDF output is fine.

Aspose.Diagram.dll 1.4.0.0

I am using a temporary license for full functionality. That appears to be working correctly as I am getting much more content out of the VSD than when I tried just the demo license.

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using Aspose.Diagram;
using [System.IO](http://system.io/);
namespace AsposeDiagram
{
class Program
{
static void Main(string[] args)
{
string inpath = args[0];
License lic = new License();
lic.SetLicense(“Aspose.Diagram.lic”);

Diagram vsdDiagram = new Diagram(inpath);
vsdDiagram.Save(inpath + “.pdf”, SaveFileFormat.PDF);
[//vsdDiagram.Save](https://vsddiagram.save/)(inpath + “.tif”, SaveFileFormat.TIFF);
}
}
}

I would be happy to send samples but I cannot attach files here. Error says "

You do not have permission to upload or link to files. Please contact your system administrator.

"

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

We are still improving PDF rendering feature. Can you please attach your sample file to reproduce the issue? This will help us in resolving your issue earlier.

Best Regards,

Attached are samples of the native .vsd file I started with and 2 versions of PDF’s. The first PDF was converted using Visio 2010 and the other was generated using Aspose.Diagram.

The sample.vsd is straight from the collection provided by Microsoft with the installation of Visio 2010. I have more complex .vsd examples that show exactly the same output issues.

The Aspose PDF drawing elements are overlapping and not in the same alignment as the native.

Thanks,
Jeff

FYI: You may want to white-list the .vsd file extension so it can be uploaded directly.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. This issue has been logged into our issue tracking system as DIAGRAM-29794. Bitmaps and Layouts will be supported in the next release and some other PDF rendering issues will be resolved as well. Hopefully you will see a better PDF output after the next release.

Regarding .vsd uploading, I will forward your suggestion to our Web team. They will check the possibility of this feature.

Please feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or questions.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 29794) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Fantastic! That fixed the positioning issues. Great quality output PDF now using version 1.5.0.0. Thank you very much.

Jeff

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.