VSD/VSDX to PDF conversion issue

Hi, I am trying to convert visio diagrams to pdf, but there is some issue while conversion few shapes doesn’t shows up correctly. Currently I am using ASPOSE.Diagram version 20.6.0 in my .Net.Core 3.1 project.
image.png (1.8 KB)
for your reference I am attaching the source and generated PDF
pdf.pdf (57.3 KB)
block diagram example - Visio 2010.zip (140.8 KB)

@ahsan.khalid

Would you please try to use the API with a valid license in order to generate output correctly. The missing shapes are due to trial version limitations. In case you do not have a license, please consider applying for 30-days free temporary license. We have used a valid license to test the scenario and were unable to notice any issue.

block diagram example - Visio 2010.pdf (106.1 KB)

Hi @asad.ali, appreciate your prompt response, I tried out with temporary licence, that attached file is now converting correctly, but I tried few more files (around 6 files) but one of them not converted correctly. can you please look into that, and help me out.

conversion_issue.zip (136.8 KB)

@ahsan.khalid

We were able to notice the issue in our environment too and have logged it as DIAGRAMNET-51879 in our issue tracking system. We will further investigate the reasons behind this behavior of the API and keep you posted with the status of its rectification. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for your support :+1:

Hi @asad.ali, one more issue I am facing while conversion of 1.5 MB visio file to pdf, tool is taking around 20 sec to convert it, and if file size increases conversion time also increases max observed 4 mins.
Can you please confirm that is it actually the tool taking this much time or I am missing something in this.

Thanks

please see the attached file for pdf conversion
AcceliratedDiscovery_MapTemplate_V2.zip (2.2 MB)

@ahsan.khalid

The loading and conversion time depends upon the complexity of the source document as well as the environment in which API is being used. We have tested the scenario in our environment while using Aspose.Diagram for .NET 20.7 and noticed that API took more than 20 seconds to convert the diagram into PDF.

We have logged an investigation ticket as DIAGRAMNET-51888 in our issue tracking system. We will investigate the scenario in detail and keep you informed about ticket resolution status. Please spare us some time.

OK, so @asad.ali can you please tell me how long a normal visio document took for conversion from visio to pdf?
Because right now in our case every visio document is taking this much time and the minimum time I observed in 8.5 seconds, and this is too much in performance point of view.

@ahsan.khalid

We also noticed 7-8 seconds of conversion time while testing the scenario with Visio Files (size 100KB).

We have recorded your concerns along with the ticket and will surely consider them during the investigation. We will try to further improve the API performance and let you know as soon as additional updates are available.

OK, Thank You @asad.ali

Hi @asad.ali, I observed that visio to jpeg conversion is also too slow, I am using same attached visio files for jpeg conversion

Can you please guide me on that?

@ahsan.khalid

We have logged another ticket as DIAGRAMNET-51891 in our issue tracking system for Visio to JPG conversion case. We will investigate it in order to make the conversion faster and inform you as soon as it is resolved. Meanwhile, would you kindly share the environment details in which you are using the API i.e. OS Name and Version, RAM Size, and Application Type?

It is a .net core web application deployed on Azure server (linux)

@ahsan.khalid

Thanks for sharing the requested information.

We will further let you know as soon as logged-tickets are resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-51888,DIAGRAMNET-51879) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for .NET 20.8.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-51891) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for .NET 20.10.