Want a Aspose.BarCode dll with a different Name space

Hi ,
We have a old Aspose.BarCode.dll which has a version of 3.0.0.0. We have recently brought a license for 20.2.0.0. The problem we are facing is that this new DLL is not backward compatible at all. Once we include this DLL there are lots of code changes that we are supposed to do.

So can you please give me a dll of Aspose.BarCode.dll with a slightly different NameSpace like Aspose.BarcodeNew ? If this is possible i can share you the details of the License.

Problem we are facing is in the below code

BarCodeBuilder bb = new BarCodeBuilder
{
CodeText = trackingNumber,
SymbologyType = aBS,

ImageQuality = (ImageQualityMode)Convert.ToInt16(aBIq),

Resolution = new Resolution(Convert.ToSingle(aBdpIx), Convert.ToSingle(aBdpIy), (ResolutionMode)Convert.ToInt16(aBRm))
                };

With the Version of 20.2.0.0 we do not have the BarCodeBuilder nor SymbologyType at all.
What would be the replacement code for the above in the new “20.2.0.0” code base ?

@prabhoda,

We have enhanced the Aspose.BarCode APIs in newer versions. For example, older BarCodeBuilder class is replaced with Aspose.BarCode.Generation.BarcodeGenerator class, there are other certain changes in the APIs. You may browse Aspose.BarCode for .NET API reference pages for complete reference here.

Please browse especially BarcodeGenerator.Parameters property and its further sub attributes for your task. Moreover, please see the Aspose.BarCode for .NET Docs which is up-to-date with examples related to latest APIs set:

Hope, this helps a bit.

Could you please re-build the Aspose.BardCode 20.2.0.0 version dll with a different namespace and provide us ? With this we would like to have a backward compability of our existing code which we do not go and change right now . For one of our new requirement we would be using the new Aspose.BardCode 20.2.0.0. For the Existing code we would still be using the old Aspose.BarCode.3.0.0.0 version Dll only.

We already have the licenses for both the versions of the Dll. Licenses for Aspose.BardCode 20.2.0.0. we have procured very recently about 6 days only.

@prabhoda,

I am afraid, re-building Aspose API with different name is not feasible and we cannot do that.
As a workaround, as it may not be directly possible to use two different versions of Aspose.BarCode for .NET in one .NET project, I think you might create two different library projects and attach different Aspose.BarCode versions (older version and newer version) to them (to be used) and then add these library projects (compiled Dlls etc.) to your main project/ application.

Hope, this helps a bit.

Hi,

We had the below code written for Aspose.BarCode.3.0.0.0. What would be equivalent new code that i should be using so that i get the same Size & Resolution barcodes

//Pdf417 = 4096,
Symbology aBS = (Symbology)System.Enum.Parse(typeof(Symbology), symbCode);
string aBIq = Convert.ToString((int)ImageQualityMode.Default);
string aBRm = Convert.ToString((int)ResolutionMode.Customized);

string dpix = "100";
        string dpiy = "100";

BarCodeBuilder bb = new BarCodeBuilder
        {
            CodeText = barCodetext,
            SymbologyType = aBS,

ImageQuality = (ImageQualityMode)Convert.ToInt16(aBIq),

Resolution = new Resolution(Convert.ToSingle(dpix), Convert.ToSingle(dpiy), (ResolutionMode)Convert.ToInt16(aBRm))
        };

//get bar code memory stream
        MemoryStream mStream = new MemoryStream();
        bb.BarCodeImage.Save(mStream, System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Bmp);

return mStream;

@prabhoda,
You may please give a try to the following sample code and share the feedback.

BarcodeGenerator generator = new BarcodeGenerator(EncodeTypes.Pdf417, "A0001B001");
generator.Parameters.Resolution = 100;
generator.Save("output_20.4.bmp", BarCodeImageFormat.Bmp);

For more details please refer to the following article:
PDF417 and MacroPDF417 Barcode