Watermark appears in Aspose not PowerPoint

I have a set files that were created in MS PowerPoint. When viewed in PowerPoint 2007/2010 a Draft watermark does not appear. However when I use the Aspose Slide.GetThumbnail method to get an image of some pages, a DRAFT water mark shows. How can I have the slide show without it as it does in PowerPoint?

Thank you,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Can you please confirm that whether you are using Aspose.Slides for .NET license in your application while generating the slide thumbnails. If yes, then kindly share the source presentation along with generated thumbnails and license file with us. If you are not using license then you may get temporary license by contacting our sales team.

Many Thanks,

Mudassir,

I have a fully licensed version and the water mark is not the license water mark. It only appears on certain pages. The file I am looking at is a PPTX file and I have scanned the XML and found that the master page file does contain a page that does contain the DRAFT message. However, I am not familar enough with the PPTX file format to see how it is used. The file is customer data and I will need to get permission or otherwise recreate the issue. I thought there might be a property that I needed to set to match PowerPoint that would disable the application of the DRAFT overlay. Are there properties like that or other ways to identify why it is being applied?

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I am sorry, I am not getting your point clearly here. Earlier, I thought that you may have been getting Aspose.Slides watermark in generated thumbnails for the slides. Is this is the case you are facing?
I regret to share that without presentation data and output data, it is hard for me to understand the issue. Can you please also share the term “Draft Watermark” as well. Please also share the code snippet that I may use to reproduce the issue. Please also share the problematic pages where you have observed the issue. This thread is private and only you and Aspose members can view it. I will really appreciate your cooperation in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Thanks for the reply and the good news is that I am able to share a file that was created from the original that demonstrates the problem.

a) If you open this file in Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 you will see that the word DRAFT does not appear down the left side of the slide.

b) I have included the class I am using for creating the image. The method of interest is the GetPageImage, but the class also opens the document file. I changed the extension from .cs to .txt.

I am using VS 2010 and testing on Windows 7 and Windows XP.

Thank you for your prompt responses,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I am working over your issue and will update you as soon as I will complete my findings.

Best Regards,

Hi Jeff,

Please accept my aplogies for the delayed response as I had some technical issue on my end. I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have been able to observe the presence of watermark on the left side of the slide with text, “DRAFT”. The watermark appears when I tried to generate slide thumbnail or PDF. However, when saving the presentation as PPTX, no watermark was observed. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-33236 has been created to further investigate and resolve the issue. Can you please share that whether the presentation shared by you is already internally watermark to avoid tampering.

Many Thanks,

Thank you for the update. I am not sure that I can answer your question exactly. The slide is part of a set of data files provided to us for archival storage in our system for a system that is being decommissioned. The requirement that we have is that the slide appear the same as the user would see it on their desktop in Office PowerPoint. There are a number of presentations in the the group of files that exhibit the appearance of the DRAFT. I suspect that they initially were created with the DRAFT and then it was suspressed when the slides were approved. The slide I sent to you was saved as a PPTX file from Office after being modified to remove proprietary information. The original and the saved both exhibit the DRAFT when the thumbnail is created and not in Office PowerPoint. I will be waiting for the update.

Thank you,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the information. Our development team will schedule and investigate the issue. We will share the further information with you once it will be shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,