Watermark behind/IsBackground text

Hi i wonder if there is anyway to do what i want.
If you try and use the Aspose clod app to make a watermark, with layer “behind the content” the text or image, will be completely hidden behind text. I would expect the text just to be on top of the watermark (visually). You can see this behaviure in this example.
image.png (75.7 KB)

This test watermark should stretch the entire page, but when the text shows up it completely hides it, even when there is only whitespace in the text.

I am using the WatermarkArtifact IsBackground = true to reflect the behind the content behaviure from the cloud option, and the result is the same.

I even tried to make a function that makes all the text fragments backcolor to transparent (by code)(not a solution i would accept anyway because perhaps the text would have some bg color i would not want to change.) and it still does not look right. Now I can see the watermark behind the text, but there is still a white background around the text some some reason, even though it was set to transparent.

image.png (35.3 KB)

Is there some way of making a Watermark that just Lays behind the text content, so the text is just a top of the watermark, and only the letters them selves is what you see on the watermarks??

@BinaryBit

Since you already mentioned that you are using Aspose.PDF Cloud, do you want to achieve your requirements using Cloud APIs still? OR you are trying to achieve them using on-premise API? You can use TextStamp Feature instead of WatermarkArtifact in order to display/add watermark inside a PDF. TextStamp also offers a property for adding text in the background. You can set it to false to show the stamp and along with it, you can specify the transparency of watermark so that the original content behind it would not be hidden.

You can check the code snippet in the below documentation article:

Yea i used the “onprem” / the aspose.pdf dll to insert my development environment. I just used aspose cloud app to test to see if the behavior was similar.

I tried to use the textstamp with background as true and it was the same as the watermark artifact
image.png (58.5 KB).

Background with false, with low opacity was the same as watermark artifact also. I can see both.
TextStamp
image.png (22.4 KB)
WatermarkArtifact
image.png (18.8 KB)
But this would only work with low opacity since the textstamp/watermarks are on top of the text and not below it.

But it seems like there is no good way to make a textstamp or a watermark below a text, where you can see both, but where the text is on the top. So i will just stick with the proper WatermarkArtifact since there is no real difference, and what i need is a watermark

@BinaryBit

Were you able to generate your desired results using Adobe Reader? If so, can you please share the PDF for our reference as well? We can investigate the feasibility of your desired feature and address it accordingly.