Watermark displaced on second page after conversion to pdf

Hi,

I’m evaluating your product (version 18.11) to see if it meets our requirements. Primary we want to mail merge a word template with XML data comming from the database, add a electronic stationery to the merged document (different for first and following pages) and save the document as PDF.

Thanks to your good documentation and your support forum i found the implementation hints for merging XML and adding a stationary as a watermark - but converting a document with more than on page results in a displaced watermark for page 2 - n, The offset is 3 cm.
When i open the merged document with word the watermarks shown correctly. In the PDF you can see the section marks on the left side, but the bottom of the image is not shown
So i need your support. I’ve attached the template with and without stationary (stationary created with ASPOSE) , the merged DOC and the generated PDF

TIA
Oliveraspose.zip (639.0 KB)

@Oliver.Komoll

Thanks for your inquiry. Please create a simple Java application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end. Please ZIP and attach it here for testing. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

Hi Manzoor, tahir.manzoor

Example is easy - take Output_1544102828564.docx from aspose.zip convert it to PDF like

Document doc = new Document(dataDir + "Output_1544102828564.docx");
    doc.updatePageLayout();
    PdfSaveOptions options = new PdfSaveOptions();
    options.setSaveFormat(SaveFormat.PDF);
    doc.save(dataDir + "stationary_example.pdf", options);

By the way - using images as watermarks degrades the perfomance by a factor 10.

TIA
Oliver
example.zip (156.0 KB)

@Oliver.Komoll

Thanks for sharing the detail. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-17889. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Tahir,
Thanks for your fast support. Is it possible to get a new test license, when the issue is fixed?

KR
Oliver

@Oliver.Komoll

Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, you can get 30 days temporary license for testing from following link.
Get a Temporary License

What do you think - when will the bug fixed?
KR
Oliver

@Oliver.Komoll

Thanks for your inquiry. We try our best to deal with every customer request in a timely fashion, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a delivery date to every customer issue. We work on issues on a first come, first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers.

Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once we complete the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

You reported this issue in free support forum and it will be treated with normal priority. To speed up the progress of issue’s resolution, we suggest you please check our paid support policies from following link.
Paid Support Policies

Hi Tahir,

some news about the issue?
KR
Oliver

@Oliver.Komoll

Unfortunately, there is no ETA available for this issue at the moment. We will inform you via this forum thread once there is any update available on this issue. Thanks for your patience.

Hi Tahir
What’s the time frame for fixing, when we buy paid support ?

KR
Olivert

@Oliver.Komoll

We regret to share with you that the implementation of this feature has been postponed (no estimate is available at the moment). We apologize for your inconvenience.

We are checking this case and will get back to you once there is an update available on it.

Don’t understand the reply, cause it’s not a feature - it’s a bug. And with paid support - according to your paid support policy - i can get hotfixes? So again the question when we buy paid support (we already buyed a OEM license), whats the time frame for a bug fix?

KR
Oliver

@Oliver.Komoll

We suggest you please check our paid support policies from following link.
Paid Support Policies

Yes i’ve read the policies
According to your policy

• Hot-fixes delivered to address your issues.

so i ask again: whats the time frame for a hot-fix
KR
Oliver

@Oliver.Komoll

We do not guarantee a resolution or inclusion in our product roadmap within this timescale. The new version of Aspose.Words comes out at the start of every month. If your issue is fixed and you need hotfix, you can get it before the release of Aspose.Words. We suggest you please check the conditions section from here:
Developer/Business Support - Key Benefits & Conditions
Enterprise Support - Key Benefits & Conditions

Besides the fixes i identify the problem has no relation to images or watermark. I’ve tried to build a workaround with a overlay with PDFBox and i’ve noticed that the PDF generation from Aspose for the second and following pages is incorrect, when i compare this with a PDF, which is generated by Word. i will attach these files.

Regarding the fix - sorry i do not understand your reply.
You wrote “We do not guarantee a resolution or inclusion in our product roadmap within this timescale.”
What timescale? Again the question. Will we get a hot fix, when we buy Business Support?
KR
Oliverpdf_from_aspose.pdf (128.9 KB)
pdf_from_word.pdf (85.1 KB)

@Oliver.Komoll

The answer of your query is well explained in the following links. Please read them.
Developer/Business Support - Key Benefits & Conditions
Enterprise Support - Key Benefits & Conditions