Watermark in Word Document is lost in Evaluation Mode using Java

Hi!

I’m working on upgrade Aspose.words from version 14 to 21 for my project
and I follow the example try to add a watermark into my document, but I only saw Aspose watermark display on my document, so I’m wondering does Aspose.words disabled the feature that able to add watermark into the document in evaluation mode?

thanks

@seanhuang

Please get 30 days temporary license and apply it before importing document into Aspose.Words’ DOM.

If you still face problem, please ZIP and attach your input Word document and problematic output document along with code example to reproduce the same issue at our end. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

@tahir.manzoor
Thank you for response.

I already applied for a temporary license and using it, however, I’m facing another issue
I’m using Aspose.words in Jruby, which is I develop with ruby code
I follow the example for ruby
and implement the same code on my project
it’s working correctly in version 14.11.0, but it doesn’t work in 21.3.0
so could you provide a solution for add a watermark with ruby code?
by the way, I also tried all examples
but those examples don’t work
thanks

@tahir.manzoor
I think I found the root cause that why the watermark doesn’t work
The reason is that I insert watermark after I call updatePageLayout

document.updatePageLayout
insertWatermark()

I should insert watermark before I call updatePageLayout

@seanhuang

We suggest you please do not call Document.UpdatePageLayout method. However, if you still face any issue regarding watermark, please share the documents and code example here for testing.

Hi @tahir.manzoor
Could you please tell me the reason?

@seanhuang

Please check the detail of Document.UpdatePageLayout from here:

This method is automatically invoked when you first convert a document to PDF, XPS, image or print it. However, if you modify the document after rendering and then attempt to render it again - Aspose.Words will not update the page layout automatically. In this case you should call UpdatePageLayout before rendering again.

Please ZIP and attach your documents and code example here for testing. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.