Watermark shows after new lcense installed

We have a website that is load balanced between 2 servers. On each server we have Aspose PDF to support PDF generation.

On one of the servers the PDF is generated without a watermark, the other server generates the PDF with a Watermark. We bought the OEM license to support deployments to multiple servers, but it is not working.

How can we resolve this?

We have a website that is load balanced between 2 servers. On each server we have Aspose PDF to support PDF generation.

On
one of the servers the PDF is generated without a watermark, the other
server generates the PDF with a Watermark. We bought the OEM license to
support deployments to multiple servers, but it is not working.

How can we resolve this?

Hi Nick,

Thanks for using our products.

Please check/verify the path of license file on server where PDF files with evaluation watermark are being generated. Ensure that the license file is placed on location from where it is initialized. Furthermore, the evaluation watermark shows that license file is missing or not referenced (may be there are some access privileges issues for application to access the license from particular location). In case problem still persists, can you please confirm if both servers have same configurations i.e. Operating System, .NET Framework version etc.

We are really sorry for this inconvenience.

yes the servers are identical in OS and IIS configs.

I think I have found the problem, but I hope that I am wrong on this.

Licensing FAQ - Purchase - aspose.com

is it true that getting a new, upgraded license means we have to download a new set of libraries, and then actually modify our application?

We have a 24/7 service used by restoration companies, that includes emergency service response. We just paid thousands of dollars only for us to have to do more work and an brand new deployment impacting our customers?

Please tell me I am wrong, because that is clearly not considerate of us, or our customers. Its terrible, and incredibly impacting.

Nick Hindle:

is it true that getting a new, upgraded license means we have to download a new set of libraries, and then actually modify our application?
Hi Nick,

Thanks for sharing the details. From time to time, we keep on fixing the issues reported in older versions and therefore we recommend our customers to upgrade to latest product binaries. In your particular scenario, I am not entirely certain about the reasons of this issue because on one system, the same product version and license file is working, whereas on other system with same product binaries and license file, its causing an issue.

Please note that if the product is unable to authorize the license or you are trying to provide an older license with new product binaries, then Aspose.Pdf for .NET would show an error message during program execution, rather than watermark in output documents. The watermark in output file shows that license is not being honored or product is unable to locate/load the license file from specified path.

Can you please try using the latest release version as it includes hotfix with issues reported in earlier versions along with some performance improvements in various operations. We are really sorry for this inconvenience.