Ways to view a PDF file

As I have read in many posts and in the information given in the documentation, the only two ways to display (view, as Acrobat Reader) a PDF file are:

- Converting the PDF to an image and use a image viewer control in our application

- Using external libraries like Acrobat SDK 9.1 (latest version)

Is it true? Only these two? I'm asking this because PDFViewer class cannot display PDF files by itself, can it?

If true, can you please provide us a little example of the second case (using adobe libraries)?

Many thanks in advance

Hi Maite,

Yes, you’re right; the only way Aspose.Pdf.Kit allows you to view the PDF file is by converting it to images.

As far as viewing the PDF file using Adobe Libraries is concerned, I’m afraid, we can’t help you with that; you might need to post your query in Adobe Forums, or search on the internet.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Thanks for your answer Shahzad.

I have tried to do that (get the images from the pages) but I got a watermark of "Evaluation Copy" on them, and I don't want it.

I have tried this code:

public License license = new License();
license.SetLicense("Aspose.Pdf.Kit.lic");

But it didn't worked. What is the correct parameter of the SetLicense method? I don't understand what I have to put in there.

Thanks in advance

Hi Maite, regarding using the Adobe Reader component, you can look at this page: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/55083/opening-a-pdf-in-wpf-application

Hi Maite,

Please try to specify the license using the complete namespace as shown below:

Aspose.Pdf.Kit.License license = new Aspose.Pdf.Kit.License();

license.SetLicense(“Aspose.Pdf.Kit.lic”);

If you still find the same issue then please share a small sample application with us, so we could test the issue at our end.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,