WCAG Accessibility

Hi

What types of accessibility support to the resulting PDF document does Aspose.PDF provide?! Since we provide solutions to governments they need the PDF documents to be accessible with attributes such as alternative text in for images, tagging and other factors covered in Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)

Kind regards

Christer Dalevind

Hi Christer,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for considering Aspose.Pdf for .NET.

Our development team has recently started working on this feature and the first release of this feature will be included in our next release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET. This initial release will manage alternate text for images, describe abbreviations, define language for text and support actual text. Our plan for complete WCAG feature release is by Q1 of 2012. We have created a new feature request in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-32514. You will be notified regarding any update regarding this request via this forum thread.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi Christer,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please download and try the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.5. We have supported all the features in this release regarding WCAG Accessibility except “Create Tagged Pdf”. Please check it and let us know if it works as per your requirements.

Hi and thank you for your reply.

Do you have any code examples of these new features?

Kind regards

Christer Dalevind

Please see the following sample code as per your requirement. Test Template file is also attached.

string value = "555";

/**********Adding Paragraph Element to the Pdf file****************/

Document document = new Document(@"D:\AP Data\Dec2011\simple_tagged.pdf");

Element root = document.LogicalStructure;

ParagraphElement element = root.Elements[0] as ParagraphElement;

element.ActualText = value;

document.LogicalStructure = root;

document.Save(@"D:\AP Data\Dec2011\simple_tagged.pdf");

/***********Retreiving Paragraph Element from the document *****************/

document = new Document(@"D:\AP Data\Dec2011\simple_tagged.pdf");

root = document.LogicalStructure;

element = root.Elements[0] as ParagraphElement;

Assert.AreEqual(element.ActualText, value);

In case you need any further details, please feel free to contact support.

Hello and thank you very much for your reply.

I however do not use the Document class. I use the Pdf class to create the Pdf document, which I at the end of processing save to a memorystream and further to a database. Can I do any WCAG stuff with the Pdf class, or must I use the Document class?

Kind regards

Christer Dalevind