We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

What does aspose recommend: Single Thread or Multithread

Hi,

I am testing aspose.words for mail merge . I have a question on performance/efficiency:
What do you recommend : single threaded or multithreaded approach for mail merge in a bulk ?
I know , aspose.words supports multithread . But in my tests , I don’t see one approach being a clear winner. Memory footprint is lesser with Single thread but speed is better with multithread.

Hi Sarad,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that CPU performance and memory usage all depend on complexity and size of the documents you are loading/generating.

Aspose.Words does support multi-threading. The only thing you need to make sure is that you always use separate Document instances per each thread. One thread should use one Document object.

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Thanks for the response. But I think what I am looking for is –

Lets say ,if I have to generate 10,000 mail merges for a same template , what do you recommend – “running aspose in a single thread” or “running aspose in multithread” for better efficiency ?

Thanks

Hi Sarad,

Thanks for your inquiry. You cannot use one document in multiple threads. One thread should use one Document object.

Could you please share some more detail about your use case along with template document? We will then provide you more information about your query.

2 posts were split to a new topic: How to use Aspose.Words in multithreading