What is the best form field editor

Hi All,

I am new to Aspose for pdf.net. My company just recently purchased a copy of it. What I have to do is:

1. Get a PDF documents from our clients.
2. Add form fields to the documents
3. Develop a C# module to read the form fields from the documents and insert data to the fields.
4. Print/email the merged PDF document.

I do understand that I can use the Aspose’s form editor class to add form fields to the document. However, I would like to use a commercial tool for doing that (#2). I am not so sure if tools like Adobe Acrobat XI Pro, or LiveCycle ES4 would be the tools.

Or does the Apose for PDF.net already packed with a UI form field editor tool that I did not know about?

Or does Aspose.com has a tool that it sells separately?

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. You can achieve your requirements using Aspose components independent of any third party application. I’m afraid Aspose doesn’t offer any UI application for editing the form. You can evaluate and opt UI tools according your needs. Usually it’s not recommended to install any such tools over server machines.

1. Add form fields to the documents

You can easily add form field using Aspose.Pdf for .NET. Please check following documentation link for the purpose.

1. Develop a C# module to read the form fields from the documents and insert data to the fields.

Please check following documentation links for manipulating form fields.

1. Print/email the merged PDF document.

You can use Aspose.Pdf for printing and can use Aspose.Email to fulfill email related requirement.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Thanks, but I don’t want to create my own program for editing the fields. I want to provide my end users a good commercial software that they can use to edit the field themselves.

Hi there,

DQ_ninh:
Thanks, but I don't want to create my own program for editing the fields. I want to provide my end users a good commercial software that they can use to edit the field themselves.

Thanks for your feedback. I'm afraid Aspose is API component provider and it doesn't offer any UI tool for form fields editing.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

I think you misunderstood my question. I know that your Aspose product is a API library. Let me put my question differently.

If I use LiveCycle ES4, or Acrobat XI Pro, or any other PDF UI tools to create a PDF Form Field document, can Aspose API be able to retrieve the field information and fill the data? And vise versa, after use Aspose API to add form fields to a PDF document, can I open the document with other tools.

In other words, is Aspose API compatible with those UI tools?

The reason I am asking is that I ran into a situation which Acrobat XI Pro cannot open a PDF document which has form fields added by Aspose API.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Thank you for providing additional information. Aspose.Pdf is compatible with these UI tools. Can you please share your source document and code used to add these form fields? So we look into it and provide you more information.

Sorry for the inconvenience faced.

Best Regards,