What is the limitation of evaluation version?

what is the limitation of evaluation version?
Hi,

Aspose.Cells or other Aspose products' downloads, by default works in the evaluation mode. Furthermore, an evaluation version simply becomes licensed when you purchase a license and add a couple of lines of code to apply the license

Limitations:

Evaluation version of Aspose.Cells product (without a license specified) provides full product functionality, but it is limited to open 100 files in one program and an extra worksheet with evaluation watermark.

When running your program, you can only open 100 Excel files using Aspose.Cells library. If your application exceeds this number, an exception will be thrown.

Please see the topic for your complete reference and how to set license in your code and make it professional version:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Licensing

Thank you.

As you said that the “Evaluation” version will only open 100 files so, my question is that the count can be of 100 same files or 100 different files?

@tariquekhan,

Well, it does not matter whether you are instantiating the same file 100 times or opening 100 different workbooks in a program. In short, you cannot open more than 100 files (whether opening same file multiple times or opening different workbooks) in evaluation mode.

Thanks for your kind response.

@tariquekhan,

You are welcome.

Is it 100 files opened at a time is the limitation?, or 1 file opened 100 times in 100 days is considered 100 uses and then stop?

@Imran2023,

It does not matter whether you are instantiating the same file 100 times or opening 100 different workbooks in a program. In short, you cannot open more than 100 files (whether opening same file multiple times or opening different workbooks) in evaluation mode. 100 days or time limit is irrelevant or out of scope, so whenever you will exceed this limit (e.g., after a few seconds/minutes/hours, etc.) in the program, you will get an exception. See the document on licensing for your reference.

We recommend you to kindly test Aspose.Cells without evaluation version limitations by requesting a 30 Day Temporary License.

Thanks for the info.
It means the limitation is 100 uses. No matter the 100 use is done one single run or over a period of many runs (over days).
Its like this library maintain a counter and increase it by 1 every time it opens a file, and once this counter is 100+, it gives exception.

@Imran2023,

No, the limitation is related to single run of your program/application only.

Ohh little bit confusing now. Of course we will be using the library for a single application.
I see two possibilities of usage.

1. My application once started opened over 100 files using this library, it may open them one by one or in 100 threads. Then we should see exception on opening 101th file.
  2. My application once started opened one file using this library and then it exits, next day a new run of my application open one more file and exits, so daily one run and one file opened. In this case the application would not get any exception even after 100 uses/days?

@Imran2023
Yes, theoretically you can do as this.

The evaluation version is for you to try out. Opening 100 files is enough for testing.

If it’s not enough, you can apply for a temporary license for one month.

Yes, your understanding is correct.