When converting a simple word document we receive the following error: "The document appears to be corrupted and cannot be loaded."

Hi,

When converting a simple word document I receive the following error: "The document appears to be corrupted and cannot be loaded."
I attached the docx to this message.

I managed to easily reproduce the issue on my machine using the following code on a console application:

static void Main(string[] args)
{
new Document(@"file location");
}

The Aspose DLL's version are:
Aspose.Pdf: 5.2.1.0
Aspose.Pdf.Kit: 5.6.0.0
Aspose.Cells: 6.0.0.4
Aspose.Slides: 5.3.0.0
Aspose.Words: 10.2.0.0

Trying out a new version of Aspose is problematic; we would like to know if this is a bug in the versions we have so we can tell our customer about it.
This is a very urgent issue, some of our customers experienced that problem and it is very critical! Please advise us as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Eyal

Hi Eyal,

Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, this issue exists in older version of Aspose.Words and has been fixed in latest version of Aspose.Words.

I have tested the scenario while using latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 13.4.0 and have not found the shared issue. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version (v13.4.0) from here and let us know how it goes on your side. Hope this helps you.

Hello Tahir,

Can you please explain what is the actual problem in that specific docx file?

It can help us explain the customer what to try and avoid when creating such documents. perhaps he'll be able to solve this issue by some kind of a workaround. As I mentioned in my last comment, trying out a new version of Aspose is problematic.

Thank you,
Eyal.

Hi Eyal,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that every new release of Aspose.Words comes up with some new features, enhancements in the existing features and bug fixes. We always encourage our customers to use the latest version of Aspose.Words as it contains newly introduced features, enhancements and fixes to the issues that are reported earlier. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version (v13.4.0) from here:

If you want to use the older version of Aspose.Words (v10.2.0), please re-save your document by using MS Word. This will solve your problem. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi, Tahir,

Thanks for the quick reply.
I understand that the bug was fixed in newer version - Upgrading to a newer version is something we attend to do but not in the near future.
Our customer is already aware of the workaround you specified - I didn’t mention it before but found out that saving it to a doc file resolves the issue. This is what we told our customer as well.

What I meant in my previous comment was that i would like to know if you can explain what is the issue with this specific docx file. If we created a docx file in our lab it worked but something in what the customer created seems to trigger the error on your side.

Why is this important? Because if the issue is for example some setting on the document or maybe a special symbol then I can instruct the customer to avoid doing it again thus he won’t need to convert the docx to a doc.

Thanks,
Eyal

Hi Eyal,

Thanks for your inquiry.

The problem is not with the document. The shared document contains simple text. The reported bug was in older versions of Aspose.Words which has now been fixed in latest version of Aspose.Words (v13.4.0).