When Creating a Slide from a Layout, the Placeholders Are Changed to Text Areas

Hi,

I’m creating slides from existing layouts. In the layout I have several placeholders of Text and Image types. When creating the slides using:
newSlide = templatePres->get_Slides()->AddEmptySlide(layout)

all the placeholders are converted to textboxes/images and I’m getting the “temporary” text as a fixed text in the shape.

What I need:
desiredSlide.png (2.8 KB)

What I’m getting from code:
result.png (3.2 KB)

is there a different API to create a slide from a layout, and not fill the placeholder with the original placeholder text?

@tsachiho,
Thank you for contacting support. I am working on the question and will get back to you as soon as possible.

@tsachiho,
To understand the issue better, we need some additional information. Please share the following:

• initial presentation file (if you used it)
  • complete code example that reproduces the problem
  • resulting presentation file
  • sample presentation file you want to get (if possible)
  • Aspose.Slides version you used

Hi @andrey.potapov,

Attached all the requested information.
I wrote a simple code snippet that reproduces the issue.
I used the latest Aspose.Slides version from NuGet (Aspose.Slides.23.8)

code is also avaliable in git: GitHub - tsachiho/AsposeTesterForReporting

AsposeTesterForReporting.7z (67.4 KB)

@tsachiho,
Thank you for the additional information. I am working on the issue and will get back to you as soon as possible.

@tsachiho,
Thank you for your patience. I’ve reproduced the problem you described.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESCPP-3784

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

If there is a workaround, we will provide a solution. We apologize for any inconvenience.

what does it mean status: blocked?

@tsachiho,
The issue was blocked by a similar issue in Aspose.Slides for .NET, which has now been resolved. The issue you found will be fixed in Aspose.Slides for C++ 23.10. This release will be published in the second half of October, and you be notified.

The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESCPP-3784) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for C++ 23.10 (Windows, Linux, macOS).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.