When i’m using Aspose-Word version 19.9 to convert a word document into pdf, i got a text-shift error

When i’m using Aspose-Word version 19.9 to convert a word document into pdf, i got a text-shift error.
This is happening using Arial font in bold style.
Also I have to tell i’m using FontSettings.getDefaultInstance().SetFontsFolder.
When I look at the converted document font changes from Arial to Arial Bold MT …
I’m attaching images of what is happening.
Could you tell me please how to solve it?

Original (docx)
originalArialText.png (20.6 KB)

Converted (pdf)
convertedPdfArialBoldMT.png (35.4 KB)
Converted pdf text copied to MS Word:
convertedTextArialBoldMT.png (14.0 KB)

@barberam,

Thanks for your inquiry. Have you tried the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java i.e. 19.10 on your end? In case the problem still remains, please ZIP and upload your simplified input Word document and Aspose.Words generated PDF file showing the undesired behavior here for testing. We will then investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

This test was done using Aspose.Words version 19.20
ASPOSE-ERROR.zip (5.2 MB)
Thank you!

@barberam,

We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-19386. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thank you for your support, the described escenario was tested using java? The error reported occurred using java library

@barberam,

Please note that the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java is completely auto-ported from .NET, i.e. we do not write code for Aspose.Words for Java; it is generated out automatically from C# code of Aspose.Words for .NET. In your case, the issue which was logged with WORDSNET prefix, would be auto resolved for Java variant of Aspose.Words. Your problem (WORDSNET-19386) will be fixed in Aspose.Words for Java as soon as the linked issue is resolved. Hope, this helps.

@barberam,

Regarding WORDSNET-19386, the issue occurs because compatibility option “Use Word 2013 indent rules for text next to wrapped objects” of MS Word is currently not supported by Aspose.Words’ layout engine.

The issue is reproducible with the attached simplified 19386s.zip (3.6 MB). The problematic text has indents and there is a wrapped floating table to the left of it. In presence of this option, MS Word employs some special logic for indents which is not currently imitated by Aspose.Words. This is a new feature that we need to add in Aspose.Words API.

If the option is turned off in MS Word, the layout becomes similar to Aspose.Words as paragraph indents are treated normally: (see 19386s2003IndentRulesOff.zip (3.5 MB)).

So, you may turn this problematic compatibility option off as a workaround. Hope, this helps. We will also inform you via this thread as soon as this issue will be resolved in future.

Secondly, your first post description mentions a font substitution problem and some screenshots illustrating the issue are attached. However, it appears the screenshots are made from another document. Could you please provide details of that font substitution problem and attach related correct documents here for further testing? Thanks for your cooperation.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-19386) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Java 22.5 update also available on Maven.