When rendering a document, some of the values are replaced with #

Attaching the document. When rendering the attached xls file to a tiff, some of the values are replaced with ###. Both the xls file and the resulting tiff are in the archive:

examples.zip (115.1 KB)

If someone knows the reasons of that behavior, or if there’s a way to circumvent it somehow, it would be great.

P.S. Aspose can get the value in the cells like workbook.getWorksheets().get(0).getCells().get("K25")
and the value will be correct (not ‘####’). We use Aspose.Cells version 20.7.

@astafev,
You may share your runnable sample console application which can be used for converting the Excel file to TIFF format. We will reproduce the scenario here and provide assistance accordingly.

var workbook = new Workbook(inputstream);
            workbook.save("1.tiff", SaveFormat.TIFF);
            workbook.save("1.pdf", SaveFormat.PDF);

I clarified my question - it’s a specific of number cells. Then my question will be why generating to tiff is different from generating to pdf. Because from certain level overflow in pdf files is also replaced with ####. As per my understanding it should be similar.

@astafev,

Please notice, we were able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using your template file. We found some of the values are replaced with " ###" chars in Excel to TIFF rendering. We have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-43268” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

@Amjad_Sahi Thanks. Just to be sure, want to clarify: replacing numbers with #### is a feature of the type and it’s useful. My problem at the moment is difference between view a user sees when they open the file in excel/OOo and the generated tiff (or difference between pdf and tiff for simplicity).

There’s also an old thread about a somewhat similar problem Cell Text Overflow - #2 by amjad.sahi.

@astafev,

Please spare us little to first evaluate the logged issue and then we will figure it out so the display of TIFF and PDF should be equivalent with MS Excel’s view.

@astafev,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v20.8.3 (attached)
aspose-cells-20.8.3-java.zip (7.2 MB)
Your issue (logged as “/CELLSJAVA-43268”) should be resolved in it.

Let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-43268) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java v20.9. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by ahsaniqbalsidiqui.
You may also get the new version @ Maven repos. (On Premise File Format API Releases | Aspose)