Where is com.aspose.ms.System.*?

Hello,

A few of the constructors of PdfDocument refer to com.aspose.ms.System.IO.Stream. The extractText method uses com.aspose.ms.System.Text.Encoding. In which library are those classes defined?

Best regards,

Werner.

Hi Werner,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note since Aspose.Pdf for Java 4.6.0 release we have removed all ms-classes. Now it is necessary to use internal wrapper for the purpose. Please check following documentation link for API changes.

• [Public API changes in Aspose.Pdf for Java 4.6.0.](http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/pdfjava/Public+API+Changes+in+Aspose.Pdf+for+Java+4.6.0)

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hello Tilal,

Thank you very much for the information. I’m sorry I didn’t dig deeper. I’ve found the alternative classes and they work fine!

There appear to be two versions of Aspose.Pdf, 4.6.0 and 9.1.0. At first glance their API looks the same. What is the difference between those versions?

Best regards,

Werner.

Hi Werner,

Thanks for your feedback. Aspose.Pdf for Java is ported version of .NET version. In start we had continued the old version number i.e. 4.x…x but later we decided to change Aspose.Pdf for Java version numbering according to its corresponding version for Aspose.Pdf of .NET for clarity. Currently, Aspose.Pdf for Java 9.1.0 is latest version of Aspose.Pdf for Java, it is auto-ported version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.1.0.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

Thank you very much for the information!

Best regards,

Werner.

Hi Werner,

Thanks for your feedback. Please keep using our APIs and feel free to ask any question or concern. We will be more than happy to extend our support.

Best Regards,